Should I Get an Apex Lite???

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tinola
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tinola

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2012
Messages
533
Reaction score
2
Location
Cal Poly SLO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might be in the market of a controller. I haven't owned one yet as I'm still new to this hobby. I want to get a reefkeeper lite but I think that it'll be more expensive later on. The apex lite has everything that I need and more.

The problem is, I only have a 10 gallon tank sps dominated. Is it worth it? I'm not sure yet but I'm planning on upgrading my tank to a bigger reef tank(20 gallon long with a sump) over the summer as I'm really having a hard time keeping my parameters on check...

So, should I buy an apex lite?
 
heater, light, ph probe, probably a salinity probe later on too. I have an MP10 but it's not the wireless type.
I probably will also end up hooking up a dosing pump to it to dose my vinegar when I'm away for a few days.
Also my skimmer so I can turn it off when I'm feeding...
 
Sorry to raise the thread from the dead (less than a month!), but YES you should buy a controller. Hands down, its the best investment you could ever make! See my recent post on how my temps went from unstable to perfect!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new