Should I get?

Timrpn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, Currently I have a 60gal cube, so small tank in your world lol, I currently run the Apex Jr. Only had it since February. I recently maybe have the chance to acquire this unit, just the brain by itself, for not a lot of money as I do not have a lot but could buy this unit alone as a building block. Would it be worth to get it and replace the Jr with? Or will this be quickly obsolete. Is everything compatible with this as well? 83A9455E-BEE2-4A00-8A6E-450F4EEB13F4.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI the new apex brain is $399.

If you are on a budget and just want a simple upgrade, then yes if the price is very good.

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on what your using the apex for... if you have the apex Jr, you still need a PM1 to run a pH probe. The jr itself has 4 outlets you can use. The classic apex brain in your picture still needs an energy bar to hook up to it, unless this can be directly connected to the apex Jr. itself which I’m not sure about. So if you buy this, expect to also need to buy an energy bar with it, unless they are selling it together for $60 which would be a steal. An EB8 runs about 100-110$

U

User1

View Badges
@Timrpn sorry - no idea. However, I just wanted to say Rock On has a nurse!!! That is a good special super power to have.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back