Should I keep them?

ntime60

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The previous owner of my tank setup had purchased a Pterois russelli (Russell's Lionfish) and a Novaculichthys taeniourus (Dragon Wrasse)

All my research is showing them as not reef friendly. Which is mainly what I want.

The Dragon Wrasse is really cool the way he buries himself at 7pm every night, but I don't need it eating my other reef inhabitants.

Should I keep them and keep them well fed or should I get rid of them now and avoid troubles later?

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A reef tank and these two fish just are not compatible. I'd go ahead and get them re-homed if I wanted a reef tank.

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the lion is going to eat whatever inhabitants he can fit in his mouth but he will not mess with corals. so I would say give him a nice new how

and the dragon not only likes to eat inverts but in the wild they like to flip over rocks to find and eat inverts/worms so if your rocks are not secured together they will get under them and send them tumbling from time to time and you dont want them destroying your glass!

bairdimusprime

Bill
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the last two posts. see if you can trade them in at your lfs for some credit... i used to keep lion fish before i went reef... they eat and they eat big you will have no inhabitants.. good luck

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back