Should I put on the brakes?? PH.

  • Thread starter Thread starter RamsReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2016
Messages
1,784
Reaction score
1,496
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've added my cheato reactor back onto my 20gallon after a hiatus.
With summer time / windows open, and the cheato reactor online the following has happend.

upload_2017-8-2_21-11-7.png


Should I cut my photo period on my reactor?
I have full surface agitation, hang on back filter + 2 powerheads moving the water.

@Randy Holmes-Farley Help me senpai.
 
My reactor comes on at 20:00 and runs to next day 11:00 when my lights turn on.
 
Hello,

I've added my cheato reactor back onto my 20gallon after a hiatus.
With summer time / windows open, and the cheato reactor online the following has happend.

upload_2017-8-2_21-11-7.png


Should I cut my photo period on my reactor?
I have full surface agitation, hang on back filter + 2 powerheads moving the water.

@Randy Holmes-Farley Help me senpai.
Wish I had this issue, been fighting low PH for a year now....
 
I was low, now I'm high, windows will do this.
 
Reactor came on on the 29th, just before that I did a W.C. which is where you the the PH go wonky.
 
Wish I had this issue, been fighting low PH for a year now....
Have you tried running a soda lime reactor off of your skimmer? I had the same issue since my tank sits in the basement. Made an unbelievable difference for nothing more than the cost of the reactor and media.
 
Hello,

I've added my cheato reactor back onto my 20gallon after a hiatus.
With summer time / windows open, and the cheato reactor online the following has happend.

upload_2017-8-2_21-11-7.png


Should I cut my photo period on my reactor?
I have full surface agitation, hang on back filter + 2 powerheads moving the water.

@Randy Holmes-Farley Help me senpai.

pH will not get too high. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new