Should I replace my DI filters

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the 99% membrane and a new gauge. The water faucet in my basement is an irrigation faucet, when I tested the RO/DI unit I had the faucet knob opened to the max point. I'm sure that affected my TDS since there was probably too much water flowing in at once.

I doubt it. Not sure what your irrigation faucet is set at, put when I do a google search it says most are set in the 50 to 60psi range, which is the normal water pressure for most people. I've known people to run their ro systems at 120psi. I believe more pressure actually helps the system be more efficient, the problem is the joints are not rated to go much higher than 120psi.

OP
OP
Mr. Fishy Fish

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it. Not sure what your irrigation faucet is set at, put when I do a google search it says most are set in the 50 to 60psi range, which is the normal water pressure for most people. I've known people to run their ro systems at 120psi. I believe more pressure actually helps the system be more efficient, the problem is the joints are not rated to go much higher than 120psi.

That's good to know. So it's definitely the exhausted DI and filters. No problem either way, I got replacements for everything and a couple of upgrades =)

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ro membranes are more efficient under higher pressure. I run mine at 90 psi with a booster pump. Without booster I get about 50 psi.

OP
OP
Mr. Fishy Fish

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I replaced all my filters except for the RO membrane (I got a 99% RO membrane and put it in the fridge for now). I also replaced the pressure gauge and got a flush valve (haven't installed it yet). However, there are two issues. The first issue is the gauge is leaking, but I'm assuming plumbing tape would fix that. The second issue is my ppm is reading 27 now; before it was reading 3 lol. Can the gauge leak effect TDS? What should I do to lower the numbers?

Edit: So I tested the RO water and it read 180 ppm, then I let the unit run for a bit and tested the DI output and it was 0 ppm. I have no clue what's going on here but something is definitely off. I'm using one of those HM handheld TDS meters and also the pressure is reading at 60 PSI.

Best,

Mr. Fishy Fish

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back