Should I Replace Tank Leveling Mat

3sgterror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up this new to me Red Sea e260. I got the stand in place and leveled it front to back and side to side.

Placed the tank on top and made sure it was still level. Started to fill with my aquascape and water. After it was all filled, I needed to bump the leveling feet up slightly in the front. I just figured due to the weight, it shifted a little.

Tank has been filled and cycling for about 2 weeks now. I just casually walked by and saw this:

1615326263801.png

The tank leveling mat looked fine before it was filled but looking at it in this picture, the front is almost completely depressed with very little compression in the back.

Taking a level to the tank it's still level front to back and side to side.

Do you think I should replace the leveling mat?

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the tank is level, I don't think you need to change the mat. I would suspect any new mat you placed under the tank would do the same thing after you leveled the tank again. As long as you have coverage under the glass, I think you are fine for tank protection.

OP
OP

3sgterror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems the tank has settled a little bit since I first filled. Its still pretty level, but it is dipping towards the front ever so slightly.

Here is a pic side to side:
PXL_20210310_003256174.MP.jpg

And a pick front to back:
PXL_20210310_003419107.MP.jpg

The bubble is still wholly contained within the markings. Should I worry about this slight dip forward?

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the Innovative Marine Leveling Mat? I thought it was warranted? That is a lot of compression. I'm guessing that the tank is heavier in the front than the back. Can you adjust the leveling feet up a titch in the front? It will be a royal pain to replace that mat.

OP
OP

3sgterror

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that the Innovative Marine Leveling Mat? I thought it was warranted? That is a lot of compression. I'm guessing that the tank is heavier in the front than the back. Can you adjust the leveling feet up a titch in the front? It will be a royal pain to replace that mat.
its the mat that came on my Red Sea e260. Its been about a month and a half now and all seems good so far.

In order to raise the feet up some, I would need to drain all my water and adjust. I may do that in the future but based on some prior feedback, I think I should be okay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back