Should I trust liveaquaria

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cycling my tank and I saw sobering saying liveaquaria is safer to buy from thank you LFS I am kind of skeptical about buying fish online and having them shipped should I really trust liveaquaria or just buy from my LFS? Thanks in advance

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your call, some people have great luck with them, others have not. I personally would not buy from them because of the horror stories I have heard. You would be better off buying from TSM or Salgado.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got a few fish in a couple weeks ago and all is well!

syrinx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your LFS. Divers den is worthwhile still-just not what it once was. If you order from liveaquaria regular though, you will be getting fish likely from same LA supplier that most stores are. You save a step in the fishes journey- which can lead to a healthier fish-but the risk if immediate loss you take as opposed to the LFS.

moz71

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly wouldn’t treat them any differently. You can get healthy fish or disease fish from either. Need to quarantine either way and both admit/ say that

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Despite many changes. . . they still are considered a top source with one of the best selections. Many times they are blamed for DOA when in essence it was a shipping delay and the carrier is the issue in that circumstance.
They try their best no doubt and continue to strive to be #1 source which is often challenging in this type of hobby

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They don't quarantine. If you want to skip quarantine, find places that explicitly say they sell fully quarantined fish, like TSM Aquatics.

inktomi

ReefMan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you buy from their normal site, they ship from Quality Marine in Los Angeles (or at least, I'm pretty sure they do). If you buy from the Divers Den they'll ship from their facility in Michigan. In both cases it's worthwhile quarantining your fish just like you would any LFS purchase. I've had good luck with LiveAquaria though, and their customer service is pretty good if you have questions or run into issues.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of good things about the LFS:
1. Keeps them in business, you want them around when you need them
2. You get to observe the fish before buying
3. Short trip home to get into your QT tank, less stressful than shipping

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are as safe as most others imo.
A plus is you get the live guarentee.
It was 14 days til recently. But is still 7 days. I don't know of many, if any, LFS that offers that.

lafarrow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on your LFS. Divers den is worthwhile still-just not what it once was. If you order from liveaquaria regular though, you will be getting fish likely from same LA supplier that most stores are. You save a step in the fishes journey- which can lead to a healthier fish-but the risk if immediate loss you take as opposed to the LFS.
That is a great risk benefit analysis right there.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought most of my fish from them, but there’s a difference between the divers den option and the general store. Divers den is like buying from a high end fish store and it comes with the price. Overall I rate them near the top .

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good luck with them, but if you have a good lfs use them, QT everything regardless.

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am cycling my tank and I saw sobering saying liveaquaria is safer to buy from thank you LFS I am kind of skeptical about buying fish online and having them shipped should I really trust liveaquaria or just buy from my LFS? Thanks in advance

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back