Should i upgrade or add on?

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a zetlight qmaven2 zt6800ii led fixture for my 4x2x2 mixed reef tank that I plan to convert into sps dominated. I'm getting decent colour and growth with top par of 420 and Sandbed 120. Issue is I get alot of dead spots outside the zone.

Here's the question. Should I add on some led strips from orphek to supplement the edges or do u think it's a good idea to get 2x radion g5 pro. Which is the better option?

IMG_20191221_202955_707.jpg
Screenshot_20200226-190555_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a zetlight qmaven2 zt6800ii led fixture for my 4x2x2 mixed reef tank that I plan to convert into sps dominated. I'm getting decent colour and growth with top par of 420 and Sandbed 120. Issue is I get alot of dead spots outside the zone.

Here's the question. Should I add on some led strips from orphek to supplement the edges or do u think it's a good idea to get 2x radion g5 pro. Which is the better option?

IMG_20191221_202955_707.jpg

I mean its quite obvious the Radions would work the best between the two choices, but supplementing with a led bar would be a fraction of the price and probably give you what you are looking for.

OP
OP
D

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean its quite obvious the Radions would work the best between the two choices, but supplementing with a led bar would be a fraction of the price and probably give you what you are looking for.

yeah g5s seems to b the obvious choice. mebbe the question should b more to is it worth it to pay that extra? is the diff going to b big enough to justify ? and will my current zetlight + led strip b enough for high end tenius colours.

i know zetlights r from china and its not that expensive. but so far .. it seems like a good light for the price. and its waterproof too. dropped my lights into the tank few days ago while cleaning and everything was alright. haha

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%

Back