Should i upgrade or add on?

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a zetlight qmaven2 zt6800ii led fixture for my 4x2x2 mixed reef tank that I plan to convert into sps dominated. I'm getting decent colour and growth with top par of 420 and Sandbed 120. Issue is I get alot of dead spots outside the zone.

Here's the question. Should I add on some led strips from orphek to supplement the edges or do u think it's a good idea to get 2x radion g5 pro. Which is the better option?

IMG_20191221_202955_707.jpg
Screenshot_20200226-190555_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently running a zetlight qmaven2 zt6800ii led fixture for my 4x2x2 mixed reef tank that I plan to convert into sps dominated. I'm getting decent colour and growth with top par of 420 and Sandbed 120. Issue is I get alot of dead spots outside the zone.

Here's the question. Should I add on some led strips from orphek to supplement the edges or do u think it's a good idea to get 2x radion g5 pro. Which is the better option?

IMG_20191221_202955_707.jpg

I mean its quite obvious the Radions would work the best between the two choices, but supplementing with a led bar would be a fraction of the price and probably give you what you are looking for.

OP
OP
D

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean its quite obvious the Radions would work the best between the two choices, but supplementing with a led bar would be a fraction of the price and probably give you what you are looking for.

yeah g5s seems to b the obvious choice. mebbe the question should b more to is it worth it to pay that extra? is the diff going to b big enough to justify ? and will my current zetlight + led strip b enough for high end tenius colours.

i know zetlights r from china and its not that expensive. but so far .. it seems like a good light for the price. and its waterproof too. dropped my lights into the tank few days ago while cleaning and everything was alright. haha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back