Should I worry about this silicone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DHill6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DHill6

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
2,816
Reaction score
1,696
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not sure if this is discoloration or a problem. Really dark towards bottom of silicone.
IMG_2143.jpeg
 
Any other signs of issues with your silicone around the tank?

What tank do you have?
 
I’m not sure if this is discoloration or a problem. Really dark towards bottom of silicone.
IMG_2143.jpeg
I dont think thats discoloration, I think its the coralline above that's making it look darker my tank does the same.
Try scaping it off and see what it looks like

Edit: If you look at the picture its even the same shape as the coralline
 
I think @miller75 might be right about this! :-) Well spotted..

Red Sea don't have a great track record with larger tanks. I wouldn't be too worried about this though!
 
corraline is covering the silicone, it’s really stuck on there. Only time it’s been clean when I rip cleaned the tank and used a lot of peroxide.
 
corraline is covering the silicone, it’s really stuck on there. Only time it’s been clean when I rip cleaned the tank and used a lot of peroxide.
If your really worried scrape the top half of the coralline and see if the darker part changes shape, I think your fine though
 
Thanks for the replies. I’ll give that a go.
 
I dont think thats discoloration, I think its the coralline above that's making it look darker my tank does the same.
Try scaping it off and see what it looks like

Edit: If you look at the picture its even the same shape as the coralline
You’re right, it was the coralline casting a shadow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new