Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

OffTopic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my internet reefing friends!

I am super stocked that I am getting my first batch of SPS corals ever next week! I have seen products like reef *ROIDS* get really great reviews. Typically in my personal life I try to stay away from performance enhancing *ROIDS*, but I thought it might be fun fun to get my corals on *ROIDS*. But in all seriousness have any of you guys used reef *ROIDS* or products like them and do you guys like the results?

Yours Truly

- OnTopic

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had great growth from RR both with my corals and my GHA! Just dose half the recommended amount and start once a week and you should be ok. It is definitely coral crack though. If you get a curved tip syringe you can make a thick slurry/paste of it and slowly drop it right into the corals mouths and you have much less waste and less chance of alge explosion.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello my internet reefing friends!

I am super stocked that I am getting my first batch of SPS corals ever next week! I have seen products like reef *ROIDS* get really great reviews. Typically in my personal life I try to stay away from performance enhancing *ROIDS*, but I thought it might be fun fun to get my corals on *ROIDS*. But in all seriousness have any of you guys used reef *ROIDS* or products like them and do you guys like the results?

Yours Truly

- OnTopic

I always read you don't need to feed sps corals if you have testable nitrates and phosphates. LPS is a different story. I've read that corals don't need fed at all, let the tank do the feeding. who knows.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef Roids, and other similar freeze dried zooplankton products. Also Oyster Feast, which is refrigerated, and Coral Gumbo, which is frozen. Perhaps not entirely necessary but my sps corals are growing well, so it could be a factor. I never add so much that the water gets cloudy with it. My regular feeding routine is to thaw some of various frozen foods in some tank water, pour off some of the liquid, add some small pieces of seaweed and some Reef Roids or Benereef, wait a few minutes for those to hydrate, and then broadcast feed. I don't turn down pumps, so food goes everywhere. I used to spot feed corals but haven't done so in a while and the corals actually seem to prefer that I don't.

rlh1904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed RR twice a week and corals respond really well especially LPS and Zoas. Acropower for my SPS.

Back