Show-fish for nano reef?

Ocean_Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all!

I’m currently cycling a 15 gal IM cube and wondering what to stock it with? I’m planning on getting a Tailspot Blenny, a High Fin Goby, but don’t know what “show fish” to get. I’m def thinking something that swims around more than the other two. I was thinking a Possum Wrasse, but at an average price of 80-90 bucks and not having the most attractive colors, I was wondering if y’all had any recommendations of another unique nano fish? Other than your everyday clowns and damsels.

Thank you!

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a lot of designer clowns, here’s mine in a 15g

Attachments

• 78546EF0-C647-44E7-945B-FAA83D175BFD.jpeg
    78546EF0-C647-44E7-945B-FAA83D175BFD.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 36

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y’all!

I’m currently cycling a 15 gal IM cube and wondering what to stock it with? I’m planning on getting a Tailspot Blenny, a High Fin Goby, but don’t know what “show fish” to get. I’m def thinking something that swims around more than the other two. I was thinking a Possum Wrasse, but at an average price of 80-90 bucks and not having the most attractive colors, I was wondering if y’all had any recommendations of another unique nano fish? Other than your everyday clowns and damsels.

Thank you!
I know you didn’t like the price of the Possums due to the ‘dull colours’ but have you seen the Tanakai and Albofasciata Possums? They have vibrant white on a gorgeous maroon background. Unfortunately the only photo of my Tanakai I have is it being eaten by a pincushion urchin.
Not my photo. This is a tanakai.
IMG_8539.jpeg

And this is the more common albofasciata. (Again, not my photo).
IMG_8540.jpeg

Or if you want a cheaper option but still not the best to hunt down, there’s a Pink Streaked Wrasse - they appear like the Sixline Wrasses but haven’t got the aggression.
This was my first specimen - I’ve had a total of 5.
IMG_0182.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you didn’t like the price of the Possums due to the ‘dull colours’ but have you seen the Tanakai and Albofasciata Possums? They have vibrant white on a gorgeous maroon background. Unfortunately the only photo of my Tanakai I have is it being eaten by a pincushion urchin.
Not my photo. This is a tanakai.
IMG_8539.jpeg

And this is the more common albofasciata. (Again, not my photo).
IMG_8540.jpeg

Or if you want a cheaper option but still not the best to hunt down, there’s a Pink Streaked Wrasse - they appear like the Sixline Wrasses but haven’t got the aggression.
This was my first specimen - I’ve had a total of 5.
IMG_0182.jpeg
Another option if you don’t mind the price, Nemateleotris lavandula is a great choice.
Mine is the eye catching fish in my nano out of 7 other gobies. And she isn’t shy at all.
IMG_8491.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.9%
Back