Show me your Borbonius Anthias!

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Messages
1,794
Reaction score
2,581
Location
Long Beach, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys.... I’m so excited. We just added 3 Borbs to our tank yesterday and they’re just the most beautiful fish. Here’s a photo of one that I got this morning. :)

BE018114-70D4-44AF-9FD8-F27C0514E739.jpeg
 
I have not kept one, but agree they are stunning. Congrats on your new acquisitions.
 
Hardiest and toughest anthias in the family. From tiny ones to larger ones they always eat. They grow rather quickly and form a hierarchy. Three is a good number. I have three smaller ones in my 350. Enjoy them as they are very personable and will come out to greet you.
 
Hardiest and toughest anthias in the family. From tiny ones to larger ones they always eat. They grow rather quickly and form a hierarchy. Three is a good number. I have three smaller ones in my 350. Enjoy them as they are very personable and will come out to greet you.

Got any pics of yours?
 
Just ordered one from tsm super excited for this fish.
 
They look very tempting! Would you recommend them for a beginner though and are they a fish that can be bought without seeing them first?

They're hearty fish, but they're not cheap. I wouldn't recommend to a beginner just because of the cost factor. But it's ultimately up to you. I love ours.
 
Well, so far mine have lived 7 months. I’m hoping to have them for many years to come, so we’ll see. Maybe someone else who’s had them longer can chime in.
 
Ahhh yes lol how big’s your tank and what are your longest living fish?

220g and we just set it up in February of 2020. This is our 3rd tank (last one was 15 years ago). Longest living fish currently will be a year in February.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new