Show me your Duncan Corals!

simply_texan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
98
Reaction score
83
Location
Fort Worth, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's Mine. I call it my head banger duncan because it's tentacles are looooong!
CameraZOOM-20170701153330770.jpg
 
Not much flow at all. It's in the sand in the front middle of the tank. It started with 3 heads and really expanded after a month. I'm actually not sure how many heads it has now, because I can't see them all through the tentacles. I'm assuming it has around 9. I have it under 25o MH and VHO. I did see it consume an entire block of frozen food that accidentally fell into the tank. It grabbed on and wouldn't let go. My tang and foxface just gave up after a couple of tries to get the food from it. I've had to put the base in a small section of PVC to keep it from falling over thanks to the diamond goby.
 
I got it free and yes it was white. Slowly getting color back. The person that had it kept it in a tank with a gravity of 1.018 so I'm assuming it was due to that.
 
I got it free and yes it was white. Slowly getting color back. The person that had it kept it in a tank with a gravity of 1.018 so I'm assuming it was due to that.
Wow can't believe they did that some people should really do their research.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new