Show Me Your Equipment Cabinets

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After studying everyones hard work on this thread i really regret buying an AGA stand for my new 210g. I am in the "pieces all over stage" of setting it up. Its going to be in a corner with a potential of about 10" I can give it on either side. I'd like to do a detached pull out next to the wall on the side of the tank but im not sure if i have enough cord length. So now im leaning toward either a double cabinet door on the left side or a pull out inside the cabinet.

Should i modify the stand in any way before i start the tank? I cant find much on modifying these Aqueon stands.
Any suggestions or thoughts?

IMG_20171217_125745.jpg

Thanks so much!
Bob

I say modify it before anything else . I did a modification to my Marineland stand before anything else !

Check out my thread or look it up to see what I did .

Embarking the Journey Reef build by Clayton

Gentoo9ball

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Return it and build a stand with 2x4/2x6/2x8. Super easy and you can make it much taller and with less center supports.
Thank you for the vote of confidence!

I say modify it before anything else . I did a modification to my Marineland stand before anything else !

Check out my thread or look it up to see what I did .

Embarking the Journey Reef build by Clayton
Hey Clayton, I appreciate the comment. I read your amazing build thread and I believe I'm going to start from scratch. I'm fairly handy and I like to build things. Your Journey is an inspiring one though! I'll post pack with pictures when I'm done.

Happy holidays everyone!

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the vote of confidence!

Hey Clayton, I appreciate the comment. I read your amazing build thread and I believe I'm going to start from scratch. I'm fairly handy and I like to build things. Your Journey is an inspiring one though! I'll post pack with pictures when I'm done.

Happy holidays everyone!

Thank you very much Gentoo9ball! Thank you for the kind words regarding my Journey. If you are very handy then go for it Build it all !! Best of luck and keep up the great work !

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little update. The cabinet I bought worked, and since I am not in there often I could have kept it. However, I had a reason to buy some more tools (pocket hole kit) and build a new one!

Before
IMG_7856.JPG

IMG_9709.JPG

IMG_9719.JPG

IMG_9816.JPG

IMG_9817.JPG

IMG_9818.JPG

IMG_9819.JPG

IMG_9820.JPG

IMG_9821.JPG

New cabinet in place. Still a mess, but not nearly as bad. Much easier to remove the side panel and have complete access to the cabinet and get behind the tank.
IMG_9969.JPG

IMG_9972.JPG

Before & After
IMG_9985.JPG
good job on this! I'm trying to find an equipment cabinet that's easy enough for me to build myself, with very few tools and very little wood working experience.

is the side door held in place with just those two small long pieces of wood? what a simple yet sufficient method for a removable panel. can this be achieved without the fancy tool you used? would a screwdriver and/or drill do the job?

also.. what's the hole on the front corner for? cords?

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good job on this! I'm trying to find an equipment cabinet that's easy enough for me to build myself, with very few tools and very little wood working experience.

is the side door held in place with just those two small long pieces of wood? what a simple yet sufficient method for a removable panel. can this be achieved without the fancy tool you used? would a screwdriver and/or drill do the job?

also.. what's the hole on the front corner for? cords?

I had Home Depot cut the wood for me. At a minimum you’re going to need a drill. I used pocket holes to keep the screws out of eye sight. The two pieces of wood on the removable panel just line the door up, it’s actually held together with a L bracket and zip tie! Haha

The holeon the front was a mess up on my part. I cut the wrong side, I needed to cut it to sit flush on my wall and over my base board. I’ve done some videos on it, i’ll Have to find them.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I see hinges... but where's the door? Removable door hinges? I like that idea.
It has a glass front door. It is just not on the cabinet in the picture, because I am still working on it.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Very nice but I'm confused! Your saying this is your set up at home b/c to me it's the same exact set up that this gentlemen i WAS talking to has.
I even asked him about the led's strip lights and how he installed them. He worked for a car audio shop , so that why it looks so tight! I don't remember his name being @Craig Skinner.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine ! Tried to make it as clean as possible!

f587a22d99293ebf309d1b8e880112da.heic
877beb132ee1a94a17c9d72d2e891d2e.heic
75de1ec032dc423b14000468d3f32915.heic

How do you like your new P4? I just got mine in a few months ago, along with the GHL MaxiSA doser for my awc's! I have it all hooked up to my saltwater mixing station so it's totally Automated water changes.

IMG_6186.JPG

ghl sa maxi.JPG

Mixing station.jpg

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice but I'm confused! Your saying this is your set up at home b/c to me it's the same exact set up that this gentlemen i WAS talking to has.
I even asked him about the led's strip lights and how he installed them. He worked for a car audio shop , so that why it looks so tight! I don't remember his name being @Craig Skinner.

Who are you replying to?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back