Show Me Your Equipment Cabinets

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had it on sale at local store and I got it for like $130. I didnt install the drawer because that's where my power is installed. Then I got some rack mount rails from Amazon and fit the power strips perfectly. I can send the link for the rack mount rails if you need it
I'm interested in a link for the rack mounts...

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had it on sale at local store and I got it for like $130. I didnt install the drawer because that's where my power is installed. Then I got some rack mount rails from Amazon and fit the power strips perfectly. I can send the link for the rack mount rails if you need it

Would love the link to the rack mount rails if you have it -- thanks!!!

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, other then some wire management in the back the cabinet is done. Here is how it turned out. I’m very happy with the out come. Next on the list is to figure out how to work this Apex.. [emoji23]

902705fb47d34efc361d5fc6d2597591.jpg

Liti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a TMC signature 900 and the sump takes up the entire length of the cabinet leaving little room for anything else. Luckily there was plenty of height so I built a pull out draw to house my controllers and extensions. I like it, it keeps things hidden but still allows access

IMG_2240.JPG

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a TMC signature 900 and the sump takes up the entire length of the cabinet leaving little room for anything else. Luckily there was plenty of height so I built a pull out draw to house my controllers and extensions. I like it, it keeps things hidden but still allows access

IMG_2240.JPG

That looks great!

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2240.JPG

My brain isn't comprehending this. Where does the cable slack go when the drawer is closed?

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the ideas as I'm going to redo mine this weekend. How are people mounting the power bricks to walls? Velcro? I've built a frame with 80/20 t-slot, framed it with plywood and will paint it this weekend.

Reefmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the ideas as I'm going to redo mine this weekend. How are people mounting the power bricks to walls? Velcro? I've built a frame with 80/20 t-slot, framed it with plywood and will paint it this weekend.

Make sure you post pics. Sound like you’re going to have a fun weekend

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new electrical cabinet is in place. Switching things over took way longer than I thought it would; but the end result is worth it. I went with 4'' electrical wire duct/raceway, and I'm glad I did. I thought it was overkill at first. It's not perfect but so much better than it was. I made a mistake on the construction of the cabinet. The L brackets holding the 80/20 frame in place prevent the flush mount 1/2'' plywood door I planned on. But I'll get Lowes to cut an acrylic sheet and glue that to the hinges. Plus I still have to make a better bottom.
20171217_203849.jpg
20171217_203859.jpg
20171217_203910.jpg

Gentoo9ball

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After studying everyones hard work on this thread i really regret buying an AGA stand for my new 210g. I am in the "pieces all over stage" of setting it up. Its going to be in a corner with a potential of about 10" I can give it on either side. I'd like to do a detached pull out next to the wall on the side of the tank but im not sure if i have enough cord length. So now im leaning toward either a double cabinet door on the left side or a pull out inside the cabinet.

Should i modify the stand in any way before i start the tank? I cant find much on modifying these Aqueon stands.
Any suggestions or thoughts?

IMG_20171217_125745.jpg

Thanks so much!
Bob

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After studying everyones hard work on this thread i really regret buying an AGA stand for my new 210g. I am in the "pieces all over stage" of setting it up. Its going to be in a corner with a potential of about 10" I can give it on either side. I'd like to do a detached pull out next to the wall on the side of the tank but im not sure if i have enough cord length. So now im leaning toward either a double cabinet door on the left side or a pull out inside the cabinet.

Should i modify the stand in any way before i start the tank? I cant find much on modifying these Aqueon stands.
Any suggestions or thoughts?

IMG_20171217_125745.jpg

Thanks so much!
Bob

Return it and build a stand with 2x4/2x6/2x8. Super easy and you can make it much taller and with less center supports.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back