Show Me Your Equipment Cabinets

Nfd552

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a build in progress...mounted the return pump controller and mp driver last night. Still have to mount the leds behind the false wall along with the power strips, and the reeflink and heater controller on the board

8180EE2A-BA74-4412-8EEE-7B05FE9E955B.jpeg

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still a build in progress...mounted the return pump controller and mp driver last night. Still have to mount the leds behind the false wall along with the power strips, and the reeflink and heater controller on the board

8180EE2A-BA74-4412-8EEE-7B05FE9E955B.jpeg
off to a good start, don't forget to share the finished product :)

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those straps for Power Supplys? If yes can you share where you found them?

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those straps for Power Supplys? If yes can you share where you found them?

Yes they are. I made these ones. Its a plastic lifting piece with a velcro strap running through them to screw it down and then hold the supply. This way there is still air movement around the PS.

NaH20nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the cabinet of my 75 gallon mixed reef tank. The stand is 48" wide by 40" tall which is nice for viewing without having to lean over much. With the extra cabinet height, I made an equipment shelf above the sump. The controls are mounted on the doors, which swing open. Everything else hides behind the doors, mostly electrical cords.

I use to tie cords together nice and neat, until I found how difficult it was to remove a piece of equipment. Now its accessible, fast and easy to remove any item with the cords sitting loosely on the shelf.

IMG_5572_zpshr57gqwd.jpg

It's a mess of cords, electrical outlets and transformers you don't have to look at, once the doors are closed.

IMG_0582_zps6bf14fcc.jpg

A door within a door...genius!!

NaH20nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I designed my sump too big and there will be no room underneath for any additional items, apex, ATO and dosing.

Looking to either buy or build like a small equipment cabinet to house all these items, please show me yours, i'd like to get an idea on how to organize/design it.

Thanks!

What a great thread!! I did the same thing you did. But hey...if you can fit other equipment under your tank, your sump isn’t big enough right?!

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are welcome. The ones I made are similar in design to the ecotech ones. I just couldn't justify paying $15 for something to hold a power supply.

Agree but i must admit that i don't have too much DIY skills. Can you send me some hints by PM so we don't deviate the main purpose of this thread?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back