Show me your fish found around Indonesia!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m doing an Indonesian dominant tank and wanted some ideas of fish from Indonesia - when I get a 5’ or 6’ tank I’d love to see thoughts on tangs. I have a stock of fish at the moment but just want ideas of what other fish are different and found around there. Common and scientific names are useful.
One of my dream fish is a gold rim tang but I’d also love to see some other tangs from over there!

SantaMonica

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just asked a similar question about Indian-only (fw) species, which are not found in the Americas. You might do similar for an Indo-only tank, which might be somewhat of an attraction for the neighborhood.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here bluestripe Indo. Gets big and can eat some inverts though.

Attachments

• snapper2.jpg
    snapper2.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 31

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
convict tang! expert-level fish though. Need strict QT procedures and its a strict herbivore. Needs lots of algae all the time to graze on. mine wont touch frozen or pellets but devours hair algae and nori. very disease prone so need to QT and be certain its disease-free

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
convict tang! expert-level fish though. Need strict QT procedures and its a strict herbivore. Needs lots of algae all the time to graze on. mine wont touch frozen or pellets but devours hair algae and nori. very disease prone so need to QT and be certain its disease-free
I love these guys - My LFS never has one that refuses frozen though, so that’s new to me! I also find that certain tangs don’t do too well with QT (Achilles for sure) because of the thin slime coat so I may hold off of this guy.

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love these guys - My LFS never has one that refuses frozen though, so that’s new to me! I also find that certain tangs don’t do too well with QT (Achilles for sure) because of the thin slime coat so I may hold off of this guy.
Gotta have a rabbit fish then

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back