Show off that Kessil Shimmer!

reefinginBD

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2021
Messages
705
Reaction score
225
Location
Bangladesh
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil users, drop in a video of your tank (without any supplemental light) with the dimensions of the tank, number of lights and the model, lighting period and the setting and schedule of the light if possible. Kind of debating between kessils and Radions. The shimmer might just be why I get the kessils instead of Radions!
 
Kessil users, drop in a video of your tank (without any supplemental light) with the dimensions of the tank, number of lights and the model, lighting period and the setting and schedule of the light if possible. Kind of debating between kessils and Radions. The shimmer might just be why I get the kessils instead of Radions!
Here is an older video, but I have a whole youtube channel featuring a few tanks with Kessil only lighting. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
 
Here is the light schedule for that tank.
Screenshot_20230806-100733~2.png

Screenshot_20230806-100742~2.png
 
Where do u have ur color set at and what's the schedule for the color?
The color can be set to whatever pleases your eye. Kessil lights have Kessil Logic. That means that no matter what color it looks like to you, it will maintain a spectrum that will grow coral. I run a medium blue schedule that starts off at 10% white at dawn, goes to 20% white from noon to 4 pm, then gradually tapers down to 0% white with 100% violet for an awesome sundown florescence. Then to 0% on all channels for nighttime with moonlight for 2 hours.
 
Here is an older video, but I have a whole youtube channel featuring a few tanks with Kessil only lighting. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Great corals man. Love how the system is no-nonsense. I have two of the a360s going over my 1 foot tall 36x12" tank.
If that becomes not enough, I'll drop the a500 bomb on them. I love the kessils with nothing.
Where in Michigan are you?
 
The color can be set to whatever pleases your eye. Kessil lights have Kessil Logic. That means that no matter what color it looks like to you, it will maintain a spectrum that will grow coral. I run a medium blue schedule that starts off at 10% white at dawn, goes to 20% white from noon to 4 pm, then gradually tapers down to 0% white with 100% violet for an awesome sundown florescence. Then to 0% on all channels for nighttime with moonlight for 2 hours.
You only go to 50 percent? That's surprising, but maybe not.
 
Kessil shimmer + Acropora suharsonoi
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new