Show Off Your Custom Wood Canopies and Stands

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have build im starting, i have not started a build thread yet because its going to take a while. Its for a new house we are building but as i get closer ill start one... anyway i built this stand today. My question is bcause i have not been able to find load ratings that a common person can decipher.
So the stand is built to hold a marineland 180 (6'×2'×2'). Will the 2x6 top 2x4 verticle corners be enough strength to support the weight, without center supports? I would like to make the front and side panels removable although they will have doors.
20170428_192337.jpg

Ravan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Still a work in progress but I'm getting there !

That tank layout is nice any other info on it?

I'll play along and share a few that I've done.

First is my peninsula right after completion. All panels are removable...

This is a mobile QT/Frag system I recently set up...

And a couple more examples of stands I built for friends...I build, they paint or stain...my generosity only goes so far...lol.

The stand for your QT is awesome

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the stand and canopy I built for a 42 gallon Oceanic hex tank. There is also a cover for the back of the tank. The stand, canopy and back cover are ventedby two fans in the top of the back cover. The canopy has built in LED lighting.
IMG_1005.JPG

This photo is from above and shows the fans for the canopy lighting and the vent fans for the canopy, stand and back cover.

IMG_1472.JPG

This is a photo with two side doors open on the stand. The panels can be removed to remove the sump if needed. The controller and modules are behind the front door of the stand. The power bars are located in a cabinet attaced to the back panel of the stand.

IMG_0768.JPG

This is a photo of the stand during the build with the doors removed.

IMG_0777.JPG

Fabianslit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have build im starting, i have not started a build thread yet because its going to take a while. Its for a new house we are building but as i get closer ill start one... anyway i built this stand today. My question is bcause i have not been able to find load ratings that a common person can decipher.
So the stand is built to hold a marineland 180 (6'×2'×2'). Will the 2x6 top 2x4 verticle corners be enough strength to support the weight, without center supports? I would like to make the front and side panels removable although they will have doors.
20170428_192337.jpg
On my 125 gal
72in x 18in x (24 in (maybe))

I went with 2x8s for the long pieces that go across the 6 ft length

anomeda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my simple stand. Plywood covered in wood veneer and epoxy painted.
IMAG0079_zpsathepknm.jpg
IMAG0080_zpsdcpgrlwh.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great stands everyone!

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some gorgeous woodworking shown here. My latest doesn't really belong here, but I'm sharing anyway :) Hey... there's plywood under there... some oak trim :D As much as I like woodworking, for this project, I wanted the support and open feel of steel.

Eventually, I'll be building book cases to 'fill' the 4 lower sections. Oak frames, probably white cases, possibly glass shelves, with a top light... Some day.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back