OP
OP
EagleEye121

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone's tanks are really neat!! I'm curious - how loud would you consider this tank? Considering setting up a desktop tank at work to grow out frags, debating between the Evo and IM 10 nevo
The stock pump wasn’t loud at all. I upgraded to an eheim and it is a little louder but still not bad at all. Just a little hum

OP
OP
EagleEye121

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your thoughts on lighting I know reefbreeders has a light for nano tanks would this work for this tank? For coverage?
I’ve heard good things about this light. Good value
I’m running a kessil a80 full power and that seems to be good enough for a monti cap 4” below the surface. Spread isn’t bad either. No idea what the par readings are.

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No- need to prune it back. it got large over the last few weeks. next water change im going to tare some of it off.

Nice! What’s your plan for the Xenia? Looks pretty large already. Are you wanting it to spread throughout the scape?

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about relocating my wave maker to the opposite wall of the return line so they point at each other. Getting a lot of buildup of GHA on the return wall side due to low indirect flow. Thoughts? I have a Jebao wavemaker.

schneidergarrettt60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard good things about this light. Good value
I’m running a kessil a80 full power and that seems to be good enough for a monti cap 4” below the surface. Spread isn’t bad either. No idea what the par readings are.
The thing I am concerned about is the coverage and if it is enough

Reef_Colors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200708_190102_941.jpg

-Kessil 360we
-inTank chamber 1 media basket(floss, gac, af biofil)
-gfo reactor(chamber2)
-XP Aqua Duetto ATO(kalk)
-stock return pump
-Ecotech Mp10mqd

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about relocating my wave maker to the opposite wall of the return line so they point at each other. Getting a lot of buildup of GHA on the return wall side due to low indirect flow. Thoughts? I have a Jebao wavemaker.
I tried this with my mp10 and it pretty much made the overflow useless- water was just bouncing off the back wall and nothing was actually going down the over flow even on its lowest setting. only way to know for sure is to try though since rock work and how it effects flow varies from tank to tank.

Servopkg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this with my mp10 and it pretty much made the overflow useless- water was just bouncing off the back wall and nothing was actually going down the over flow even on its lowest setting. only way to know for sure is to try though since rock work and how it effects flow varies from tank to tank.
I'm trying it..lets see how it goes. I really wish my two clowns would settle down. They swim against the return wall 24x7. I know they're terrible swimmers but they don't even try and find a reduced flow spot nor the bubble tip anemone that I put in. Silly fish.

Essay83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On week 2.. sand was clean till this week.
Using stock lighting, but have a kessel a80 as well thinking itd be an upgrade.
Imo I feel the kessel isn't noticeably different, and at the expense of having to custom fit a mesh and added evaporation, I don't see it worth it.
It would be different if it were higher output or ai prime. Everything is stock except for the fact that I plugged the hole on the aio chamber wall, and have korellia nano coming Tuesday, which I hope will keep the algae from sticking.

Stock:
2 paired baby clowns
1 paired Yellow goby/Tiger Pistol shrimp
1 Rose BTA (seems happy)
2 blue legged hermits
5 snails

Coral
Purple green hammer
3 small unknown zoa colonies
Gsp

15Lbs Cured Live rock
10Lbs Live sand
2020-08-2915.16.339198956296962205687.jpg

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is just at the end of its cycle and in the algae stage. I'm going to move the halimeda if it doesn't thrive.

Attachments

• tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 52

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep a dragonet in a 13.5g?? I wasnt even able to keep a captive bred one eating frozen food in a 20g! rip Millie

I didn't, there were 5 in a tank at a shop, she was the only one still pecking, she made another 6 months with me.
A lot of the substrate and rock in my Evo is 10 years old and I feed live phyto.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back