Show Off Your RedSea 200 Refugium

Saluki2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at buying a RS 200 and upgrading from my IM 20 AIO. I’d like to run a refugium in the sump for some nutrient export but mainly for maintaining a healthy pod population.

Can you guys post some pics of your Fuge and share any tips you have?

Thanks in advance.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea Reefer 200 does not come with a refugium; what many people do is to repurpose the ATO compartment to a refugium fed by a pump from the main sump and overflowing back into the sump again.

There's a fair few DIY posts around R2R on that subject :relieved-face: Did the same thing on a Reefer 170 which has the same sump. In my opinion, it's too much of a hassle to go though compared to the benefits you may get. Just not enough room for a decent fuge.

What do you hope to achieve? You do have room to fit a decent reactor in there in stead? I was running the Tunze in the sump and it worked very well for me for controlling nutrients.

OP
OP
Saluki2003

Saluki2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Sea Reefer 200 does not come with a refugium; what many people do is to repurpose the ATO compartment to a refugium fed by a pump from the main sump and overflowing back into the sump again.

There's a fair few DIY posts around R2R on that subject :relieved-face: Did the same thing on a Reefer 170 which has the same sump. In my opinion, it's too much of a hassle to go though compared to the benefits you may get. Just not enough room for a decent fuge.

What do you hope to achieve? You do have room to fit a decent reactor in there in stead? I was running the Tunze in the sump and it worked very well for me for controlling nutrients.
I was thinking either repurpose the ATO to a fuge, use a CPR fuge or section off a portion of the sump as a fuge.

I’d like the sump partially for nutrient export but mostly as a way to maintain healthy pod populations. I also just like how they look.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back