Show off your Tangs

  • Thread starter Thread starter scott9119
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
kE7Jo9d.jpg

owNzLOk.jpg
 
Here are my 4 that I currently have. Will be adding a purple and Red Sea sailfin



That PBT looks very thin, is he slowly having the life sucked out of him by ich? Also appears to have hlle

The others look great!
 
Here is my yellow belly hippo tang. Not a great pic she is too fast.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1461601567.091129.jpg


She was the size of a dime when she was accidentally shipped to me in February. Now she's about 3/4 inches long.
 
No he is just very small. I have only had him 2 weeks. He is only 2 inches long.
You need to put weight on him quickly. Red nori. If I received that fish I would write him off as deceased in that state :(
 
You need to put weight on him quickly. Red nori. If I received that fish I would write him off as deceased in that state :(
He is just fine. Him and my other tangs eat threw 2 pieces of sea weed a day and they are fed twice a day. He is the most aggressive eater and is the boss of all the tangs and he is the smallest. I think he will be just fine. But thanks for the advice any and all is appreciated.
 
He is just fine. Him and my other tangs eat threw 2 pieces of sea weed a day and they are fed twice a day. He is the most aggressive eater and is the boss of all the tangs and he is the smallest. I think he will be just fine. But thanks for the advice any and all is appreciated.
Then he should put on weight quickly assuming he doesn't have ich. Glad he's eating.
 
Just picked up this little guy tonight. He's about 2 inches. A type of sailfin? The tag on him said. The yellow answer black strips. Will have a better pic up tomorrow.

20160513_215050.jpg
 
Just picked up this little guy tonight. He's about 2 inches. A type of sailfin? The tag on him said. The yellow answer black strips. Will have a better pic up tomorrow.

20160513_215050.jpg

Appears to be a regular sailfin, not a Desjaradini from the Red Sea
 
164ac6efbd69ed65a646a066b2323566.jpg


One of the first few fish in my tank :) Guilty of an impilse buy, he was only $10 [emoji28] Is this guy a Sailfin or a Desjardini? The store had him labelled as "Sailfin, Sri Lanka" but seeing all the other Sailfins online they don't have the spots that mine does.
 
He is just fine. Him and my other tangs eat threw 2 pieces of sea weed a day and they are fed twice a day. He is the most aggressive eater and is the boss of all the tangs and he is the smallest. I think he will be just fine. But thanks for the advice any and all is appreciated.

It's a typical small pbt, 99% of them look like that when they are little and most likely was collected quite recently, no worries. Ford doesn't know what he talking about...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new