Show off your Tangs

evoque335i

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added these two after going tang less for a while. I had to remove a desjardini who had turned into a total jerk back in July. I ended up with algae issues after that, so he must have been really keeping it in check. These two have cleaned things back up. I do have an issue with the bristletooth having his scalpels exposed 24/7 for a couple weeks now. I'm not sure if they are stuck or if it is because he is constantly fighting his own reflection in the glass.

Naso 121318 2 by Big Jim, on Flickr
whitetail bristletooth tang 120518 3 by Big Jim, on Flickr
Awesome looking tang

HumuhumuFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be clear this is NOT my tang, but my LFS has this right now and I felt this thread might appreciate it.
0lpOcTH.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My photographer took this one, said she needed a macro lens to do better

Desjardini Pic.PNG

No that is not ich or velvet, just bubbles and glass gunk. :D

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My photographer took this one, said she needed a macro lens to do better

Desjardini Pic.PNG

No that is not ich or velvet, just bubbles and glass gunk. :D

Stunning - always wanted one, but too big for my tank and I’ve got enough with my 3 now I think

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning - always wanted one, but too big for my tank and I’ve got enough with my 3 now I think
Desjardini are definitely among my favorite fish! My Gem hid for photos, unfortunately.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Gem! Is this an African variant or from the Mauritas Islands? My Gem has a lighter yellow tail like yours and i am trying to figure out if it's the fact that it's not a Mauritas Gem or because it's large. Mine is about 5 inches.

If you aren't sure, the Mauritas are still $1800 or so. The African collected Gems are generally $800-1200. The difference is essentially the price tag -- and perhaps the tail.

I suspect that the lighter tail happens as it grows and has nothing to do with the source. I am just looking to confirm/deny my suspicion.

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the Gem! Is this an African variant or from the Mauritas Islands? My Gem has a lighter yellow tail like yours and i am trying to figure out if it's the fact that it's not a Mauritas Gem or because it's large. Mine is about 5 inches.

If you aren't sure, the Mauritas are still $1800 or so. The African collected Gems are generally $800-1200. The difference is essentially the price tag -- and perhaps the tail.

I suspect that the lighter tail happens as it grows and has nothing to do with the source. I am just looking to confirm/deny my suspicion.

I didn’t pay £1,250, but that’s what they’re advertised for over here. I got her cheaper, because I bought a load of other high value fish at the same time.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t pay £1,250, but that’s what they’re advertised for over here. I got her cheaper, because I bought a load of other high value fish at the same time.
LOL @4FordFamily knows all about buying loads at the same time to save a couple bucks!!!

By the way, beautiful fish, excellent photography!!! Stunning!!! :)

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went back to get some better pictures of the black tang but it was gone. Somebody had a nice early Christmas present haha. At $1500 it is the most expensive fish I've ever seen in person.

Wow, $1500 is a high price for a black. Nice fish but I’ve seen them from $500-$800 around me.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That Gem is nice. I’ve only seen them stressed in LFS tanks. Definitely look much more impressive when they are healthy and not stressed. Might have to start saving to buy myself a birthday gift.

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Gem is nice. I’ve only seen them stressed in LFS tanks. Definitely look much more impressive when they are healthy and not stressed. Might have to start saving to buy myself a birthday gift.

Thanks - she’s a fatty too [emoji16][emoji1303]

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it! Will have to see if I can get a non-blurry pic of my guys. Thought I had something but all the pictures are about 5 months old and the fish have grown considerably since then... hard to tell when I stare at them daily. :0)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back