Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks hungry

+1, very hungry.

He's a new tang. I am working to fatten him up. He loves frozen foods but I cannot get him to graze on algae for the life of me. The laziest tang I've ever seen or had. Plenty of food for him in that tank. Feed three times a day and supplement algae sheets. All my other tangs before sickness wiped them out had fat ole stomachs. Hoping this guy will pull through for me.

GatorScott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's a new tang. I am working to fatten him up. He loves frozen foods but I cannot get him to graze on algae for the life of me. The laziest tang I've ever seen or had. Plenty of food for him in that tank. Feed three times a day and supplement algae sheets. All my other tangs before sickness wiped them out had fat ole stomachs. Hoping this guy will pull through for me.

Try rubber banding the seaweed to a small rock and put it wherever he likes to hang out the most. That’s how I’ve gotten picky tangs to eat in the past. Once he’s gotten a taste for the seaweed after a few weeks you can just clip it to the glass and he’ll eat like other tangs

Amps Reef Life

That Fish Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try rubber banding the seaweed to a small rock and put it wherever he likes to hang out the most. That’s how I’ve gotten picky tangs to eat in the past. Once he’s gotten a taste for the seaweed after a few weeks you can just clip it to the glass and he’ll eat like other tangs

Will do. Thanks!

Zan101

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cell phone pic caveats apply, but here are 3 of my tangs... pyroferus is hard to photograph (love his color!), LT tang in back, and naso in front. The scopas not shown. Foxface is peaking out below.

tangs_Jan.jpg

LT_foxface_Jan.jpg

My fat buddy. He's about 8" long and 1.5" wide.
LT_tang_Jan.jpg
Nice

Whisperer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a black or a very dark purple tang. I tried to convince myself it is purple but it looks really black. Are they supposed to be this dark?
4521CA68-45EC-4B16-A33A-55CF3FF59AE2.jpeg
B2B43D7E-5155-4611-B93A-DDD890722083.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back