Show us your model citizen/citizens!

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I've been curious to see which fish you've kept that turned out to be a model citizen. For me, it's definitely my blue star leopard wrasse, wouldn't hurt a thing and as peaceful as can be. Which one of your fish is a model citizen? Let's chat

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Harp tail blenny- very social, huge personality. even let’s me pet him
Definitely gotta check that one out. Do you have a fish that you thought would be nice but turned out to be a bully?

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely gotta check that one out. Do you have a fish that you thought would be nice but turned out to be a bully?
Yes my twin spot wrasse. He was about 1 inch when I bought him. My wife nicknamed him the “little worm” at first. I know they get huge but I never thought that in one year he would be the top dog in a tank with tangs. He’s about 6inches now I’ve had him for 16 months. He chases others but nothing vicious happens. At his current growth rate I will most likely take him back to my lfs sooner then planned. They’re pretty great about taking fish in. They normally give store credit or swap it out for another in similar value to them

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too many to list, really... I have two dozen fish and they all get along. But “citizen of the year” has to go to the Manadrin Dragonet.
Love their mannerisms, such a fun fish to watch.

OP
OP
QuarantinedCorals

QuarantinedCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes my twin spot wrasse. He was about 1 inch when I bought him. My wife nicknamed him the “little worm” at first. I know they get huge but I never thought that in one year he would be the top dog in a tank with tangs. He’s about 6inches now I’ve had him for 16 months. He chases others but nothing vicious happens. At his current growth rate I will most likely take him back to my lfs sooner then planned. They’re pretty great about taking fish in. They normally give store credit or swap it out for another in similar value to them
It's defiantly a beautiful fish, how does he do with your cuc??

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's defiantly a beautiful fish, how does he do with your cuc??
He flips shells over and will eat hermits if they are to big to hide in the hell all the way. I’ve seen him flip snails but never eat one. I have a big fire shrimp and a couple small peppermint. He shows no attention to the fire shrimp and the peppermint only comes out at night. Most of my hermits come out at night. I’m sure it’s because they know the big guy is awake during the day and on the move.

carbasaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sharp nose puffer (aka Toby). In a soft coral tank and doesn’t harm any of the corals. Completely passive with tank mates: 2 ocellaris clowns, pink spot goby, lemonpeel angel and eibli angel. Just floats around the tank like a zeppelin. No snails, crabs or shrimp in tank (except one snapping shrimp safe in his burrow) maybe would lose model citizen status if vulnerable inverts to snack on.

ReefKidDarian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I've been curious to see which fish you've kept that turned out to be a model citizen. For me, it's definitely my blue star leopard wrasse, wouldn't hurt a thing and as peaceful as can be. Which one of your fish is a model citizen? Let's chat
Ive got a few model citizens. My tangs Yellow,Purple, Gem, Blonde Naso Tang, Floweri tang, blue tang, and all my wrasses. they all get along and are my tank model citizens. lmk if u want a pic

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tomini tang. Way too mellow.
Same applies to my Marine Betta

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
901489F3-FA20-4295-9EA8-D2E97FD24CBD.jpeg

This dude. As close as he gets to bad is occasionally picking up a snail and spiting it out 5 inches away from where he picked it up.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s a hog
I keep him well fed, yes. I like to over feed so I keep a lightly stocked tank. His 14 g Nano only houses him and a black and white clown. They get two meals a day. I also keep pods big and small for them to munch on. A constant supply of live food is, in my opinion, the best food. It helps keep my tank free of detritus and algae as well as keeping my goby looking like a Lane Bryant model, pleasantly plump.

Jbdrywallking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have an orbit batfish for 2.5 years in a FOWLR system, sweet heart , intelligent, and eats out of my hand a true pet

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 39 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.3%
Back