Show us your new predator

Atlblw10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Atlblw10 sexing lions visually is not reliable. You may read that you can and one of those voices will even be mine "out there", but I will say I was wrong.

I love your little one!
Thanks for the input! I figured it was the more I read so I have been looking at other species to add. Just don't know if I zebra or fu will get along with the fuzzy..... What can I say after adding the fuzzy and reading your posts on here I'm hooked on preds!

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Fu would be great. Totally different body shape and utilizes a different part of the water column. I had a pair of fuzzies in a lion/scorp/waspfish tank that ran like perfection until they starting breeding and then everything started to go downhill. We noted they were suddenly picking on the Fu and the the whole dynamics changed. So, even if you really knew they were a pair, just know they are not the same fish when they are breeding.

We had bought the pair with the sex ID'd and we agreed with their label. It fit the criteria. Guess who we found to be holding eggs 2 years later.... the "male"! I'm putting together a sexing article and wanted to find the source of the information. I followed the breadcrumbs back to a solitary article that I was very disappointed in. If the ID isn't 100% accurate, what use is it really? They won't start fighting until they reach sexual maturity, so it's not something you'll even know at first and possibly for months to a year.

Mistborn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my Miniatus!

IMG_1268.JPG

Atlblw10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

Not sure if this qualifies as a predator.... But just picked this little guy up and acclimating now

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any new additions?

Valkyrie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e4c7d9cb3a6e360ecbab50d42d24b975_thumb.jpg

This is at my lfs housed with a Niger, and several other massive fish.

Yea, I know it's not mine. But I won't have any predator fish until next year. So I'm living vicariously here.[emoji13]

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Who's your newest predator?

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two new guys in separate observation tanks going into the 90g pictured. The radiata came in so small I was very concerned, now more than 3 weeks later he's doing great. The black ribbon eel been in observation for 5 days, ate some krill from a stick yesterday. I will likely do 2 more lions, I usually choose my lions from ones I see at lfs' that I think might be challenging. I would like a mombasa and may consider ordering one. I may add a green spot puffer for comical relief; still researching their nippiness. Also if I only do 1 more lion may consider a marine betta.

016.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back