Show us your new predator

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my lightning wrasse pink face wrasse on live aquaria just over 10 cm when i bought it a few months ago now it is 15 or so cm my swallow tail hawkfish about the same or less i also have a snowflake moray which is just over a foot

2016-01-22 10.51.02.jpg

2016-01-22 10.53.58.jpg

2016-01-22 10.55.03.jpg

2016-01-22 10.56.02.jpg

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about quality and no pic of snowflake he was hiding

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mombasae is beautiful! Mine was really fabulous, but you have to watch this one's size. They have big ole mouths.
Thanks for the info. I really have been thinking about getting one for a 180 gallon fish only build I am finishing up. Other tank mates I have been considering is a blue throat trigger, marine Betta, large angel, maroon clown, harlequin tusk and a large angel (majestic perhaps?). Wondered if I would have a good chance to make that group work. What are your thoughts? I could always go with a fuzzy dwarf which I would certain a safe bet.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fuzzy would have a harder time in your tank than would a mombasae. The mombasae would be a better mix. Triggers don't usually go with lions, but the better bet is the blue throat. Large angels can be a butt as well, but you have one of the better ones of those too. If triggers and angels are going in a tank with a lion, those would be two of the ones I would recommend. I think you would have a good chance with that party in your tank.

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fuzzy would have a harder time in your tank than would a mombasae. The mombasae would be a better mix. Triggers don't usually go with lions, but the better bet is the blue throat. Large angels can be a butt as well, but you have one of the better ones of those too. If triggers and angels are going in a tank with a lion, those would be two of the ones I would recommend. I think you would have a good chance with that party in your tank.
Thanks for your take. I came up with the lineup with similar thoughts. Also nice to hear your thoughts confirmed.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back