Show your nano aquarium here!

32 Biocube with some mods. About 18 month work in progress.
IMG_20200418_132941557.jpg
Those are some PURPLE Rocks. Looks mature! Nice
 
Thx, just wish I could grow coral as fast as the coralline algae grows in my tank :+)
 
What are you using to take these gorgeous shots? Some of the most clean, beautiful pics I've seen. Would love to know the equipment behind this. Please say an Iphone LOL.

Thank you very much for the compliments, however there are many others on here and other forums that are much more deserving however. I do appreciate it though given I am just learning. These were taken with a 100mm Canon Macro. The body was a 5DIV, but realistically any modern body would do. I am still figuring out lighting as the limited spectral range of LEDs really messes with the sensors ability to record accurate lighting and colors in my short experience. The keys I have found so far to get sharp focus are not new, but they are more critical then I thought they might be.
  • tripod
  • shutter release
  • smaller aperture given the very short DOF
  • magnified focusing using live view
  • taking the photo level or as parallel as possible with the glass surface. I don't understand light and optics well enough, but shooting at an angle causes a lot of distortion. Its amazing how good our eyes are compared to a lens and sensor with respect to this and interpreting color
 
34g Solana. Setup in 2018, crashed Nov of 2019. This picture is from April. Light snaps Hydra 52 HD. Has an auto doser and 1 maxspect gyre for flow. I occasionally run filter floss other then that my only filtration is the live rock and sand

20200425_215437.jpg
 
Is that a 3d Reefing diffuser I see? I was thinking about purchasing one for my pico reef. If it is, how do you like it?
I love it, would never run a Prime without one! However I'm slightly biased diffusers are easier on the eyes imo. Also have one on my Hydra and ordered 2 diffusers for my G5 Xr15s.
 
Well let's see all your nanos!
New Minnesota hobbyist. My tank is just over 4 months old, and just got serviced by New Wave Aquaria while I was away for 11 days! The mushroom, cloves, gsp, and zoas are new. Couldn't be happier! Finally feel like the tank has come together.
E: it's a 5 gallon pico/nano
video (for the movement):

20200606_144319 (1).jpg
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new