024.jpg

032.jpg

blueridgereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@inTank-that looks like Shamu, lol!

Here's my 2.5 gallon before it was put into my current 10 gallon setup[no pics of that yet, tho]

{the pic is clickable, it'll take you to a larger version}
There's a baby perc clown and one stalk of pulsing xenia in the pic, plus 20+ button polyps you can barely see. there was a peppermint shrimp and snail in there too, but they were camera shy that day.

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so it isn't perfect yet but I'm willing to share sneak peaks lol...

IMG_0062-1.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

The next additions include tyree war coral on the right barren rock towards the side and a LE sunset monti on the top of the right barren rock. Once I add those two things I might add a torch to the right side on the bottom, but I'll probably let everything grow out and only add small things like chalices.

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything started SUPER SMALL!!! The frogspawn was barely visible, the galaxia was the size of a ping-pong ball, all the zoas and palys were only a few polyps, the candy canes only had two heads, the miami hurricane only had two eyes, etc. It still looks like a frag tank, but one day it'll grow out and look amazing. Looking at the pictures I think I need to move the blasto away from all those zoas and maybe put it on the little shelf on the right rock behind the Miami Hurricane. Thanks for looking!

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank mlove. Is that the purple plating sponge under the galaxia. I have seen WWC down here have it from time to time. I have always wanted a piece of it but don't know where to put it.

mlove

Reefing Peasant
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank mlove. Is that the purple plating sponge under the galaxia. I have seen WWC down here have it from time to time. I have always wanted a piece of it but don't know where to put it.
I'm not really an expert on sponges but I can tell you that it is mostly orange and there are a couple of other types (mostly the maroonish color under the galaxia) that have fused together to make a daurth maul looking sponge in one area. It's pretty cool haha. When I had the PC lighting and had it on full actinics that part would glow as bright as the kryptonite candy canes. Now I have LEDs and am acclimating the tank with screens. The pictures I posted are with three screens in... going to take the first one out in about another week. I think I'm going to get some massive growth and coloration. I'll keep you guys updated for that and the war coral and sunset monti additions.

- Miles

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is my 5.5 AIO. Simple build. Has been doing great for me. Lots of clutter and not a lot of space to move corals so some of the items in here will soon be going to my 20 gal. New pics will be up when I redo the placement after some pieces are removed.
IMG_3909.jpg

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet little tank. Do you have a tank thread of it? would love to see some info on the the whole setup.

Here is my 5.5 AIO. Simple build. Has been doing great for me. Lots of clutter and not a lot of space to move corals so some of the items in here will soon be going to my 20 gal. New pics will be up when I redo the placement after some pieces are removed.
IMG_3909.jpg

Paranoidobseshun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah there is a thread about it back in the nano section. I just put it on this forum the other day. I have the initial build and post up on reefcentral.

bigbill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is my 12 g nano dx with up graded t5 lighting tank is 6 weeks old so not much in there yet

tank list
2 chroins
1 yellow watchmen golbie
1 pistol shrimp
2 star polyps 1 green 1 purple
1 acan green and ornage
1 hairy shroom
1 green and purple chalice

tank with old lights
tank.jpg

tank with new lights bouth light on 1 full 6700k glo and 1 blue bouth 24 wat
IMG_1988-1.jpg