Show Your T-Slotted Lighting Framing

  • Thread starter Thread starter 427HISS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
3,156
Reaction score
929
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at one reefers hanging lighting system a while back, but can't find it.
So, show me yours.
 
Not lighting framing, but this is my newly built T-Slot Stand for my shallow lagoon tank I'm setting up. Not sure about what I'm going to wrap it in yet.

IMG_20170118_185405 (1).jpg


IMG_20170118_185411 (5).jpg
 
I like it !

How expensive is the T slot ?
How much was your stand ?
 
The pieces aren't that experience really, what will get you are the fittings needed.
 
The T-Slot isn't that much. What ended up costing a lot was the corner brackets. If I had to do it again, there's several alternatives for doing the corners and some cheaper routes. It does look cool anyways though. It's extremely sturdy and visually much nicer to look at than wood. Also, as far as cutting it, I just used my cheap Ryobi Jigsaw with a blade designed for aluminum. I ordered everything on Amazon, just search T-Slot 80/20. You need to calculate out how many inches you'll need as well as the brackets and bolts you'll need. Shipping was pretty quick.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new