Show your Walt Disney and tell use your lights/nutrient levels.

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a very large green Walt Disney colony and I always wrestle with the colors. It always had beautiful colors just not what Salt Disney typically looks like. I have no orange/gold to mine. I have bought 2 frags that were the expected color and glued them on tiles with frags of my colony and within a week or two, they look identical to my colony! Is it my lights? Or my stupid high nutrients, or something completely different?

Here's what I say we do: a pick of your Walt Disney colony. Do one in white light and one in blue. Then post with it what you lights are and what your nutrients are.

Here's mine!
Daylight
IMG_20200403_152644~2.jpg

Blue LEDs
IMG_20200405_203601.jpg

Lights are 400w halide (radium)
Diy royal blue, uv, and true violet Led bars
Nitrate 25
Po4 0.32

Little_Red_Ryan_Hood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you have healthy and happy corals. Acropora are notorious for changing colors from tank to tank. I don't have any pictures of mine. It is still a small frag but it is mostly gold with a little green and a little blue and purple on the branches.

I run 250 watt metal halide with 14k Phoenix de bulb.

I think the WD looks best under LED.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 6b+ 6c+ T5's.
Hard to get a good pic but this is 4 months growth from a nub.
Mostly green with some yellow. Can only take pic with both on.
Lfs I got it from has more yellow but no purple tips and they run radions heavy on the blue with b+ too.
My parameters
120 with 40 sump
78°F
Alk 8
Cal 470
Mag 1350
Po4 .02-.06
No3 1-2
10 fish feed 3-4 times a day.
Someday mine will look like the above pics lol.
Just took this one as it was the size of a pencil eraser whwn I pit it where it resides now.
20200419_131708.jpg

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a very large green Walt Disney colony and I always wrestle with the colors. It always had beautiful colors just not what Salt Disney typically looks like. I have no orange/gold to mine. I have bought 2 frags that were the expected color and glued them on tiles with frags of my colony and within a week or two, they look identical to my colony! Is it my lights? Or my stupid high nutrients, or something completely different?

Here's what I say we do: a pick of your Walt Disney colony. Do one in white light and one in blue. Then post with it what you lights are and what your nutrients are.

Here's mine!
Daylight
IMG_20200403_152644~2.jpg

Blue LEDs
IMG_20200405_203601.jpg

Lights are 400w halide (radium)
Diy royal blue, uv, and true violet Led bars
Nitrate 25
Po4 0.32

Send me a piece and I’ll take a pic of it in my tank. :)

OP
OP
B

Biglurr54

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you have healthy and happy corals. Acropora are notorious for changing colors from tank to tank. I don't have any pictures of mine. It is still a small frag but it is mostly gold with a little green and a little blue and purple on the branches.

I run 250 watt metal halide with 14k Phoenix de bulb.

I think the WD looks best under LED.
Everything is happy and healthy. I'm looking to get some more whole out of it. I put a frag under an old 150w Phoenix bulb but it wasn't working out. I switched to a led I built for that area and the wd stayed green. I would love to see yours under the pheonix bulb.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back