Showing off my anglers

Do they shift in colors depending on the environment?
Seem to. I understand they do and the purple one I got when it was solid black.

8473IMG_3587-med.JPG
 
do you have your anglers with corals? i was thinking about getting a wartskin angler for a 30 gallon tank with lps and softies. was just wondering if this would be okay or not. thanks. by the way, your anglers look great!
Yes. The only problem is when they sit with their feet/fins resting on them. I have zoanthids and ricordea so they get irritated but doesn't do any damage.
 
Hey flricordia.......I was just trying to show my wife a pic of that white one........the pic is gone

:(
 
Hey flricordia.......I was just trying to show my wife a pic of that white one........the pic is gone

:(

I thought I was losing my mind. Everyone keeps talking about "the white angler" and I can't see a dang thing.

I live over in Michigan. My LFS has 2 huge ones about the size of softballs, a nice yellow one and I can't remember the other one. They go for about $70 over here. Very cool fish.

Steve
 
THey seem to hang out together quite a bit. Finding comfort possibly? Doubtful, but what could it be? They have many hides and ledges in the tnak. A 50 cube packed with LR. Just can't figure why out of all the places they visit during the day they always seem to sit side-by-side whether at the front, side, upper or lower areas of the tank.

8473IMG_3905-med.JPG
 
Maybe they paired up?
I did twice find long, clear gelatinous globs full of tiny, white eggs in the tank. Still puzzled as to what they were the eggs of. I have very few mobile inverts, mainly just a couple snails.
 
You've got some cool looking fish there. Definitely fish that when people walk up to the tank, they just can't help but stare at them. I know I can't.

Steve
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new