OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is the back piece of the stand for the sump section... Just pre-fitting the fans, grills and grommets for wires before priming and painting. The fans will be hooked up to apex and turn on if the water temp starts to rise.

d2c6ddf2-058c-44cf-9a4a-5193a6d30bbb_zpshsds9hpw.jpg

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well the backing as been applied. I also got the tank on the stand, boy the over sized stand make the tank look small in the picture.
20150917_185514_HDR_zpsomktesob.jpg

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great . How high r u going to hang the Matrix II over the tank . I read on the instructions a minimum of 1 ft to water surface .
I am @ 8 inches from water surface to bottom of the fixture .

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great . How high r u going to hang the Matrix II over the tank . I read on the instructions a minimum of 1 ft to water surface .
I am @ 8 inches from water surface to bottom of the fixture .

Thank you.
Didn't think about it.. I dont even know what I am at now.. If I guess I am just under a foot now on the 75.

Reef_Junkies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Impressive build! Agreed, your tank looks small with the oversized stand... you could build an enclosure for it so only the front of the tank is viewable. Might look neat looking like a built-in wall unit.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Water running..
Amazing the skimmer is already pulling gunk.. RLLS skimmer is amazing.
It is pulling skim-mate and that is about 25 + gallons of new water too. I transferred as much water from my 75.
The skimmer was cleaned up real good.
I will be trying the new ATB skimmer, I just didn't want something new on the tank right away. I am used to the RLSS skimmer which makes things just a little easier with everything going on. Just didn't want to mess with setting up a new skimmer right now.
I think I am going to put the dosing containers there on the left they fit perfectly.

I was going to use red plumbing but went flexible because this was a transfer and the sump needed to be removed cleaned and transferred which dont leave much time for the glue to dry. I dont want to stress everything to long in containers. Plus I like flexible tubing because it puts less stress on bulkheads and stuff if you plumbing aint exactly 100 percent.

20150925_170048_HDR_zpsopnjvafc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I still have allot too do..
I have to organize all the cords and make the control panel.
I have to set up the the dosing system and mount it.
I need a new top off container that is larger. Also the have to build the chest to house the top off system.
I need to make a shelf for the dosing pump.
I need to mount lights. Bought these cool led lights with a remote.
Right now ATO is under the stand but I need that room for the reactors and Reef octopus auto waste collector
Still need to build manifold for second pump for reactors.
Still need to get pump for reactors.
Set up the new ATB skimmer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am also going to need more live rock. Now I need to decide on live rock. I have bought manado rock from Premium Aquatics and that is what is in the tank now. I have talked to Premium and there rock is now super cured so I could put it right in the tank. This rock also seem pest free for the most part. My other option is Gulfview live rock which is exactly like Tampa bay saltwater rock.. My LFS goes and picks it up right at the dock and brings it back.
Lots of life but it will need to be cured and quarantined for pests. It would be cool to have lots of life, It is nice to have a nice biodiversity.

Last edited:

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good Dave . Too bad you are too far away . I have some cured GMP rock left over that is still wet .

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good Dave . Too bad you are too far away . I have some cured GMP rock left over that is still wet .

Is this from liverockinreef? I have heard mixed things about them. I think it comes from they fact they push ground shipping and for some that is just too long.
I hear there deco rock is great but really heavy. How is the GMP that stuff is expensive but looks nice in their videos?

LILBUDDHA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it is not from them but came from the same source . PA ships via ground too so it's *** for tat . Manado island is a good distance from where the GMP ( Bali /Jarkarta ) rock is collected

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How deep are you running your ATB 840 v2?

Just under 7 inches. It is a little watery right now and is running wide open so I wanted as much resistance on the skimmer to stop it from over flowing since it is breaking in.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back