OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Coral quarantine system almost finished being set up..
Actually need newer picture of it because water is in and there is now a light on it.
Waterbox all in one.
It is part of my other system build.

1569008100158.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really is nothing to update. The tanks has been running with water for a bit, but that is it.. I did the rock work filled it with water and it has been running like that for a while.

I been jumping between projects.. Things move slow for me since I have 8 aquariums, with most still in progress.
I just tore down one of my holding tanks and my 120. I am redoing the aquascape on the 120 at the moment. Just didn't like it.

After the holidays I want to move some of the fish back into the reefer 250. I would say January some of the fish will be back in and February the corals will be moved back.... I do want to get this tank up and running because it has had water running through it for a couple of months. I do add bacteria and some food here and there to keep bacteria populations up.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok things are finally moving on this build.
I have added a few fish, snails, and crabs.
Right now there are two Banggai cardinal fish, mccosker wrasse, neon gobi and a purple firefish.
Pictures soon.

Right now with the lights on and with the new fish I am really in the ugly stage with a good amount of blue/green and red cyano. This is the one thing I dislike about bare dead rock. There just is nothing on it to out compete the cyano for now.

I have some coral I cut and are in the quarantine tank.

Last edited:

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok things are finally moving on this build.
I have added a few fish, snails, and crabs.
Right now there are two Banggai cardinal fish, mccosker wrasse, neon gobi and a purple firefish.
Pictures soon.

Right now with the lights on and the new fish I am really in the ugly stage with a good amount of blue/green and red cyano. This is the one thing I dislike about bare dead rock. There just is nothing on it to out compete the cyano for now.

I have some coral I cut and are in the quarantine tank.
@shred5 wow it’s been a long time since you posted thanks for the update and keep them coming.

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A couple of quick updates:
Tank took forever to cycle but also I have been working on my basement system the most right now. It is at the point it is ready for corals.

Also have been testing the Hydros Control 4 & 2 which has been taking up some time.

I will be removing my Apex and eventually going to the control 2 on this tank.

1603385881974.png

1603385913513.png

OP
OP
shred5

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This tank is no longer.
With the basement system I just did not spend allot of time on this aquarium.
It looked great and had lots of fish but it had barely any corals. All my money has been going into my basement system and there just was not many corals in it. Coral and fish prices hare risen pretty much and I have allot of tanks in the basement to stock.

You get to the point where hauling buckets upstairs all the time is more work. My whole basement system will eventually be automated. Being upstairs it is hard to do.
This aquarium does not fit into my plans with the basement so out the door she went.

I will be starting a new thread on my new set up in the basement . This will be a 48"x36"x14" lagoon tank.
This will be different in that I will have another tank set up with a mangrove swamp attached to it. Water will flow down to the lagoon tank. Also there will be tropical plants all around it. It is meant to look like a tropical island. You wont see the aquarium because it will have rock work all round with plants growing in it. I will be working on 3 different environments.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back