Shrimp diet?

75galOCD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to add a peppermint shrimp and wonder what do they eat and does anyone feed their shrimp?
Thanks

S-t-r-e-t-c-h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You shouldn't need to feed them anything in particular. If you are only feeding algae, I might drop some pellets in for them every once in a while. Otherwise, they should eat whatever you are feeding your fish...

Jacobscorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will eat aiptasia and other small anemones and any meat bases pellet or flake.had mine in frag tank and he took care of 3 aiptasia that showed up on colony rocks so I kept him fed well and one morning caught him cleaning a montipora digitata frag and thought cool must be something bad on it and came back an hour later and it was stripped to the bone with just a few purple specks left on skeleton and he got put in display with no issues so far in a few months.the digitata was a neon green montipora and has grown back to where it was before eaten and strange think is it is a deep maroon and purple color now so he may have made a new designer montipora digitata.the wife and I have called the new growth peppermint wipeout:)

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eat everything the fish leave uneaten. If you're feeding fish the shrimp should have enough to eat.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back