Shrimp in my sump?

NeedAReef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Messages
584
Reaction score
566
Location
Mesa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I put a pair of peps in my fuge section of the pump to float. I had several bags of things.... Well when I was opening all the stuff yeah my peps went in the sump accidentally ...
I have a standard three section sump. First is Skimmer chamber from the tank then overflow into fuge then overflow into return. There are baffles but no real way to stop things from going over the overflow into the next chamber. However no way to get the shrimp back into the fuge section and even if I do... They will do this again I assume.
So is there a way to maybe use egg crate and block off the overflow from big shrimp but let babies or pods go thru? If you have done it pics would be appreciated
Are they OK in the return chamber with the Heater and pump?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new