Shrimp picking at new clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter brendan12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

brendan12

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
aliso viejo
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my shrimp are obsessed with my new clam should I be worried about this.
 

Attachments

  • shrimp.jpg
    shrimp.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 232
it staying open a little its not sure what they are doing but they have stop messing with it. The clam looks fine and I just got the clam to day
 
I had the same issue at one point of time with my cleaner and what I found out is all lack of feeding how often you feed your tank
 
I feed my tank the same as I have for years and my shrimp are all fat and happy! They don't care how much they get they will still try and take from others. I added a four inch Max clam to my reef as well as a smaller golden max. I had them both situated on rocks so that their foot would reattach to the surface. At some point during the night my blue max fell over or was knocked over and in one night my cleaner shrimp found him on its side and ate him from the underside. All that was left in the morning was the empty shell and my shrimp inside. The clam was healthy and already opened up in my tank with in thirty mins of adding him so I know it just didn't die in one night. The underside of the clam is vulnerable with no defense against something like a determined shrimp.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new