Shrimp safe nano fish?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I'm on the hunt for any nano fish that are safe with small shrimp (i.e. Pederson's Cleaner) and also a Crinoid Squat Lobster. I'm looking at some of the smaller algae eating blennies like a twin spot or white lined (aka pictus) but they'll be in a Macro Algae tank so that's still on the fence. A shark nose and green banded goby are also in the consideration pool, any ideas? A sailfin blenny (Emblemaria pandionis ) is also an idea, but I've heard someone talk about one of theres trying to take down a neon goby so that's less likely

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, need a little more detail than just shrimp safe. I’ve got sexy shrimp in three of my systems which I feel like are on par with pederson shrimp in terms of size. A surprising amount of fish are safe with them but it’s impossible to try to list them for you without a tank size and other current tank mates :)

Clowns, any of the shrimp gobies (ones that pair with pistol shrimp), pygmy angels (kinda venturing out of nano tank zone with them), scooter blennies, mandarins, pipefish, cow fish, trunkfish, boxfish, many species of damselfish, many (if not all) species of cardinal fish, etc should be fine

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bad, 10gal is what I'm working on right now. Neon gobies are looking like a strong choice, a Flaming Prawn goby would be really nice, but they're so rare and expensive

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of the "nano" fish are safe with ornamental shrimp, from what I know.

A great resource I used in the past for fish for tank saze is igreens nano tank guide. Many tanks sizes from small 2 gallon ish to 40 gallons and broken down into the gallon size. Would be a good look at

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back