Shrimp vs Anemone..... What should I do?!

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamizy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamizy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2015
Messages
62
Reaction score
13
Location
Staten Island, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's always stealing food from him and now he made the anemone go into a ball and hours later nothing changed
6e169609ebf2f07518c6fe52509f67d0.jpg

Looks like he's flipping him off lol
 
You'll just have to separate them at feeding times:D
 
I have the same problem when feeding my sun polyps, so I cut a bottle in half and cover them with it before feeding and it keeps the shrimp away.
 
Same issue here.. I have to feed the shrimp a piece of frozen meat so they stay busy while I feed the nem. But the 2 fire shrimp do go to the nem throughout the day and pick at the nem in hope to find food. The nem will close for a minute or two but reopens.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new