OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh Magic Carpet has some splainin to do. Looks like a little baby popping with some color already:D
Just got her little foot off last night too lol

Screenshot_20210520-130804_Wyze.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good and Bad news but kind of a relief.
Tanks not coming this week. Its ok im not quite ready haha
Gears is rolling in. Got my T5 hybrid just waiting on reefbreeders kit for v2+ so i can put together.
Also grabbed Jeboa 6500L that im hoping is not too much now. These tanks have 2 returns. Whats your thoughts on returning it and going with 2 of the next size down models? Or do you think these will be ok?
Also im trying to figure out return inside tanks themselves.
Thinking about splitting both sides in tank. 1 wand on top pointed at overflow and 1 RFG per side actual tank water turnover.
With the 2 returns and this kind of set up do you think it will be sufficient enough so that I won't have to add supplemental wave makers and such?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good and Bad news but kind of a relief.
Tanks not coming this week. Its ok im not quite ready haha
Gears is rolling in. Got my T5 hybrid just waiting on reefbreeders kit for v2+ so i can put together.
Also grabbed Jeboa 6500L that im hoping is not too much now. These tanks have 2 returns. Whats your thoughts on returning it and going with 2 of the next size down models? Or do you think these will be ok?
Also im trying to figure out return inside tanks themselves.
Thinking about splitting both sides in tank. 1 wand on top pointed at overflow and 1 RFG per side actual tank water turnover.
With the 2 returns and this kind of set up do you think it will be sufficient enough so that I won't have to add supplemental wave makers and such?

The Jeboa is controllable I guess, great for tuning flow. :)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Jeboa is controllable I guess, great for tuning flow. :)
For sure Simon really looking forward to that part. Right now its all fittings and ball valves. Also digging fact tank has 2 returns. I'm pondering if I should go with 2 returns for redundancy or maybe even upgrade this Jeboa for next size and split it for the returns.
Tanks will only be about 14" deep with water in them. Flow will most likely be a bit tricky getting it dialed.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For sure Simon really looking forward to that part. Right now its all fittings and ball valves. Also digging fact tank has 2 returns. I'm pondering if I should go with 2 returns for redundancy or maybe even upgrade this Jeboa for next size and split it for the returns.
Tanks will only be about 14" deep with water in them. Flow will most likely be a bit tricky getting it dialed.

My guess is that if you split the return into a Y one pump should be loads.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.
lamp.jpg

Took your advice.
You may be right. I'm hoping depth of new tank and T5 hybrid brings what I need. My lamp is set at 24" above tables. With 3-4 inches of water over shrooms its almost like they are baking under it even though its not set that intense. Im going to try to keep bottom around 75-100 par for shrooms that don't like it. And build shelfs to get my light hungry shrooms closer to 150-200 par eventually.
Torches going there too:D

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be right. I'm hoping depth of new tank and T5 hybrid brings what I need. My lamp is set at 24" above tables. With 3-4 inches of water over shrooms its almost like they are baking under it even though its not set that intense. Im going to try to keep bottom around 75-100 par for shrooms that don't like it. And build shelfs to get my light hungry shrooms closer to 150-200 par eventually.
Torches going there too:D
I love where your heads at!

I need to get par meter..

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting observation with seneye.
Love this thing man!
I split my system this week in prep for upgrade so everything has been running independently for solid 4 or 5 days now.
Did about a 25 gallon final WC on shroom tables during clean up yesterday. About 7 gallon change on fish side.
Whats interesting is PH has been gradually climbing in the process. Not sure why but leaning towards perhaps having system connected something was out of balance. Im leaning towards flow. Ive always had an issue on tables 3 and 4.
Anyhow since I split them I think my skimmers are able to work much more efficient like they are intended for more or less.
Can't think of any other reason but I'll take it.
Just need to watch and make sure PH doesn't swing to high I guess!
Haven't seen a swing below 8.1 and got 8.3 for the first time ever this afternoon.

Screenshot_20210522-150725_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210522-150631_Firefox.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping for the best today. Put my T5 hybrid together and set up over the tables yesterday. One thing I noticed right away is how bright they are.
At 20" over water im still getting 75 par at 3-4" deep where shrooms sit. Had to ramp v2+ way back. Hope its not to stressful to shrooms. Maybe should of waited. Really wish I could be home when T5's kick on this morning.
Cant believe how much MOAR;) lamp the T5 brought all the way out to the edges. Crazy. Anyhow its a huge jump up in par when they kick on.
Frag tanks cant come quick enough man!
Screenshot_20210525-074027_Wyze.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a wyze cam! I may put one beside my tank for vacations.
Already a done deal:D
Going to be watching super close when T5 kicks on i can shut them off from here if need be. I maybe should have had 1 side come on first. Ill see how it looks here in an hour or so.

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already a done deal:D
Going to be watching super close when T5 kicks on i can shut them off from here if need be. I maybe should have had 1 side come on first. Ill see how it looks here in an hour or so.
See above edit. I am far sighted as helllllllllllo. Shhh. I have glasses on now. Moar pics later, please. ;Hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 30.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back