sicce syncra 3.0 heat?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ebone
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ebone

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2014
Messages
648
Reaction score
296
Location
Wilmington NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a syncra 3.0 getting a bath in a 5 gallon bucket. after running for an hour the water in the bucket seemed like more heat was being transferred then there should have been. I never really noticed anything with my mag 5. This just seemed like too much, anyone notice that theirs runs hot? am I just crazy?
 
When submerged, a pump will add as much heat as the watts it is consuming.
 
I think wattage is same on the 2 so technically there should be no difference
 
That is a 48 watt pump so it would be about the same as a 50 watt heater without a thermostat in the same 5 gallon bucket. But so would the Mag 5.
 
I have the syncra 3.0 pump along with 2 of the syncra 1 pumps. So far I have had good luck with all three.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new