Sicce Syncra SDC 6 wifi connection issue

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

I’ve written @Jay Wilson- SICCE but figured I’d also ask the group while I wait to hear back. I know he is busy.

I have a Syncra SDC 6 that has been working flawlessly. Today I turned it off via the Apex fusion app and when I turned it back on it said the wifi was disconnected. I’ve tried every conceivable way to get it back but nothing works. I’ve reset the wifi/reset the controller/deleted the controller from the app/ deleted the app/ I can add it when I log into the Conrol app but when it comes to the wifi connection it repeatedly says setup error. I’ve reset routers/ changed passwords/ everything and yes it’s on a 2.4 ghz network. Any help is seriously appreciated

thank you in advance.

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a reply from Customer Service. They verified it was a server issue and all is back to normal on their end.

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add it via IOTA to the Apex? (if controlling through IOTA you can't also use the ContrAll app).
I actually didn’t realize that so I appreciate the heads up. I wasn’t using it on the IOTA part just as a hot switch.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually didn’t realize that so I appreciate the heads up. I wasn’t using it on the IOTA part just as a hot switch.
Definitely set it up via IOTA if you have a chance! This allows you to control the pump speed through the Apex so you can throttle it down for feedings, etc. Note that when you add the pump you get two outlets: one is the IOTA virtual outlet (WiFi) and the other is the actual power outlet.

This is how I have mine configured for my Sicce SDC 6.0:

This is the power outlet on the Apex
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then 45
If FeedB 000 Then 45
If FeedC 000 Then 25
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

This is the IOTA virtual outlet (click on the gear to open, the gear in the upper right corner and then the advanced tab)
If FeedA 000 Then 45
If FeedB 000 Then 45
If FeedC 000 Then 25
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

You have to configure it in both locations - otherwise it doesn't throttle up/down properly. Then just program the schedule you want (I have mine fixed @60%). Good luck!

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely set it up via IOTA if you have a chance! This allows you to control the pump speed through the Apex so you can throttle it down for feedings, etc. Note that when you add the pump you get two outlets: one is the IOTA virtual outlet (WiFi) and the other is the actual power outlet.

This is how I have mine configured for my Sicce SDC 6.0:

This is the power outlet on the Apex
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 Then 45
If FeedB 000 Then 45
If FeedC 000 Then 25
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

This is the IOTA virtual outlet (click on the gear to open, the gear in the upper right corner and then the advanced tab)
If FeedA 000 Then 45
If FeedB 000 Then 45
If FeedC 000 Then 25
If FeedD 000 Then OFF

You have to configure it in both locations - otherwise it doesn't throttle up/down properly. Then just program the schedule you want (I have mine fixed @60%). Good luck!
This is awesome thank you so much for all of this. Will do it now

Brianbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's definitely not up and running, I have the same problem and I keep getting the setup error message, Still can't connect to the app, tried every wifi, changed passwords and reset, still nothing

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

I’ve written @Jay Wilson- SICCE but figured I’d also ask the group while I wait to hear back. I know he is busy.

I have a Syncra SDC 6 that has been working flawlessly. Today I turned it off via the Apex fusion app and when I turned it back on it said the wifi was disconnected. I’ve tried every conceivable way to get it back but nothing works. I’ve reset the wifi/reset the controller/deleted the controller from the app/ deleted the app/ I can add it when I log into the Conrol app but when it comes to the wifi connection it repeatedly says setup error. I’ve reset routers/ changed passwords/ everything and yes it’s on a 2.4 ghz network. Any help is seriously appreciated

thank you in advance.
Can you post screenshots from your router setup pages? Looking for 2.4/5ghz obviously, but also WPA settings

OP
OP
Slevin007

Slevin007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post screenshots from your router setup pages? Looking for 2.4/5ghz obviously, but also WPA settings
It’s fine now. They had their servers offline which caused my issues. Thanks for the help though

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back