Sicce Syncra SDC 7.0 Wifi Issues

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,
Just purchased the SDC 7.0 and was able to successfully register and see the Pump in my App last night. This morning when I checked, it was showing the pump was disconnected from the app. I've tried everything to get it back registered in the app but have not been successful. Does anyone know of a "hard reset" back to factory for these things. I've done the wifi reset option already. I should also add that I am pretty Network savvy and have tried multiple network changes to resolve the issue but still no luck. The device is successfully on my network and I am able to ping it.
I've emailed Sicce support but have not heard back from them as yet.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nmaragh18

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update... Sicce support finally reached out to me today. They were apparently having server issues on their end. I did another Wifi reset this morning and the pump is now showing up in the app. Sicce should have some way of communicating network/server connectivity issues in their app. Thanks for all who viewed.

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update... Sicce support finally reached out to me today. They were apparently having server issues on their end. I did another Wifi reset this morning and the pump is now showing up in the app. Sicce should have some way of communicating network/server connectivity issues in their app. Thanks for all who viewed.
I have been having the same issue with my sicce 7.0 since last 3 days. Now i know whats going on!!! Thanks for updating us.

Blammomike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I as well woke up today and got a notification from my app that they were disconnected. I live in Michigan and don't know if its by location but at least they are still running. So was the reset mandatory or do you think they will update and come back online by themselves?

OP
OP
nmaragh18

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I as well woke up today and got a notification from my app that they were disconnected. I live in Michigan and don't know if its by location but at least they are still running. So was the reset mandatory or do you think they will update and come back online by themselves?
Blammormike, according to support, a reset was not necessary but I just performed one since I was messing around with trying to get it to work so I figured to start from scratch. Support also stated back on Thursday that the issue should have been resolved that day. I would probably just do the WiFi reset and see what happens. Best of luck.

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone having continued wifi issues with their Syncra SDC pumps? I purchased one a week ago and it only showed online for one day (I think it was Monday, today is Thursday). I've reset the wifi and still experience the same behavior.

When I reconfigured the wifi on the pump, it creates an entry in the app but never shows connected. I've verified network to the pump in that it always grabs an IP address, I can ping the pump, and the pump is connected to the wireless AP. No other devices have issues on the network.

I've reached out to Sicce support but have never received a response and it's been 4 days. I'm giving this a couple more days before sending it back if these wifi issues can't get resolved.

OP
OP
nmaragh18

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone having continued wifi issues with their Syncra SDC pumps? I purchased one a week ago and it only showed online for one day (I think it was Monday, today is Thursday). I've reset the wifi and still experience the same behavior.

When I reconfigured the wifi on the pump, it creates an entry in the app but never shows connected. I've verified network to the pump in that it always grabs an IP address, I can ping the pump, and the pump is connected to the wireless AP. No other devices have issues on the network.

I've reached out to Sicce support but have never received a response and it's been 4 days. I'm giving this a couple more days before sending it back if these wifi issues can't get resolved.
Woejillis,
Not sure if this will help but maybe try to connect it to a 2.4GHZ network only not 5GHZ. Do a Wifi Reset and then try to reconnect again.

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woejillis,
Not sure if this will help but maybe try to connect it to a 2.4GHZ network only not 5GHZ. Do a Wifi Reset and then try to reconnect again.
Thanks for that suggestion!

Did go ahead and try connecting it to my 2.4 Ghz network but experienced the same behavior. The pump shows up in the app but shows disconnected.

I finally was able to get someone from support to get back with me (they've changed their support email addresses but didn't update the information in the manual or within the app). So far they haven't provided information to resolve the issue but I'm crossing my fingers that they'll make it right.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m having issues now.
I must of touched the controller with my arm while trying to plug a fuge light behind my 12gl ATO. Now I can’t connect or reset. I’ve tried to disconnect all power for 5, 10 and 15min.

This is super frustrating!!
How did you guys reset the pump?

mightynova63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my 9.0 and installed it today. i was able to get it one and now no wifi and pump is running in dealt. no control no temp nothing. very frustrating

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My issue was that I could get wifi connected initially but then wifi stopped working and I had no app control. I always had local control.

I couldn't find a valid support email address online, in the app, or in the manual. I ended up completing help form on the website which I believe uses the support email address of [email protected] (everything I found used @sicceus.com which they seemingly don't use anymore).

I went back and forth for a couple of weeks when the issue "magically" fixed itself. Support routinely told me that they can see my pump and that the issue was seemingly on their end. In the mean time, I gave the pump an exception through my firewall so there was no chance in my network causing the issue. This didn't help immediately but it was a day or two later when the wifi started working.

I have since removed the firewall exception and have not had any issues with wifi since.

Other than the frustrations with the initial setup, this pump has been great and I really do enjoy the wifi/app access.

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone still having issues with their SDC pump, or did they ever resolve? I am still debating between 2 SDC 7.0 or 2 ReefOctopus Varios 6

woejillis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not having these issues anymore. I like my Sicce SDC return pump and SDC xstream and would recommend them as a great option. I don't have any experience with ReefOctopus pumps.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine is running good and support helped me with my prior issue.

The one thing I can’t figure out is how to pause the pump via app where the pump turns off at 0% ONLY when I manually do it.

I had it turned off but did not realize it will auto turn off every 24hrs, that causes my skimmer to overflow with the raised sump level.

Anyone know how to pause the pump to 0% and it not repeat the off-schedule?

BBN Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I just found you post regarding your Syncra disconnecting and correcting by resetting your wifi. When you say resetting, did you reset at your router or something within the app? Appreciate the help!

OP
OP
nmaragh18

nmaragh18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I just found you post regarding your Syncra disconnecting and correcting by resetting your wifi. When you say resetting, did you reset at your router or something within the app? Appreciate the help!
Hello there,
If I recall correctly, I reset the controller for the pump. I think I found the steps to reset it in the manual.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 79 44.6%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 21 11.9%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 50 28.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back