Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 - Not Working In Line (Dry Mode)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Byrongw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Byrongw

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2022
Messages
31
Reaction score
32
Location
Omaha
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I'm attempting to run a Sicce Syncra Silent 1.0 "in line" or "dry" as a closed loop system with a UV sterilizer. For some reason the pump will not pull water from the intake tube. It seems to work just fine when I submerge it. I've read the instructions and watched multiple videos online of setup instructions. I don't think I'm missing anything...

Anyone else run into this issue or know what's up?

Best,

-Byron
 
Is it sucking air from a loose fitting?
I don't think so. I've taken apart and put together the intake portion of the pump a few times. I've even held the pump intake bit right into the water to make sure its not the tubing or anything. It wont uptake water unless its mostly submerged.
 
Interesting... I think I found a solution, though I'm not exactly thrilled about it. I started a syphon by sucking through the outlet hose until the water gets to the pump. I then placed the outlet hose into my UV and plugged the pump in. It works fine.

I guess I'll be syphoning water into the pump whenever I need to run my UV then!
 
Yep my 0.5 doesnt self prime either, bit of a nuisance but they are nice and quiet
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new