Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 loud

chachew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought the Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 today for a new tank setup. This this is noisy....anyone else have this problem too? Its not terrible once the cabinet door is closed in the sump area but dang this thing is anything but "silent".

What are the best "silent" return pumps?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to reef2reef !!!
Sometimes the pump has to break in or you can run it in vinegar and water solution

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use the suction cups to dampen the vibration? Is it touching anything, check the cord as well, it can transfer vibrations.

OP
OP
C

chachew

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you use the suction cups to dampen the vibration? Is it touching anything, check the cord as well, it can transfer vibrations.
Tried with suction cups, without suction cups on top of a foam pad, held it suspended in the water with my hands and no change. Its not super loud but just enough to wonder why they call this a "silent" pump. I had a crappy Chinese no name pump on there before and it was way quieter than this new pump. :(

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My experience with those is that they are very quiet. Have you opened up the pump and inspected the drive unit? Perhaps there is a manufacturing defect.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back