Sicce syncretic nano help needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reef.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reef.

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2019
Messages
5,364
Reaction score
3,906
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a reactor from the USA, it has a USA plug on it but I’m in the UK, the Sicce syncretic nano pump doesn’t have a label on it, does anyone know if the pump is rated for only 110volts or both 110 and 230 volts as some equipment is rated for both voltages, or do I need to use a voltage converter adapter?
 
Just bought a reactor from the USA, it has a USA plug on it but I’m in the UK, the Sicce syncretic nano pump doesn’t have a label on it, does anyone know if the pump is rated for only 110volts or both 110 and 230 volts as some equipment is rated for both voltages, or do I need to use a voltage converter adapter?
I’d assume you would need a converter. 230 will fry a 110 rated pump.
 
I’d assume you would need a converter. 230 will fry a 110 rated pump.
Yeah, I was just wondering if it was rated for both, as some equipment is, especially as it’s made in a 230v country.

I’ve been using it, it is working but just to be safe I have ordered a UK Sicce nano pump, I didn’t think that as an option but the pump was only £16, a converter would have cost more.
 
Yeah, I was just wondering if it was rated for both, as some equipment is, especially as it’s made in a 230v country.

I’ve been using it, it is working but just to be safe I have ordered a UK Sicce nano pump, I didn’t think that as an option but the pump was only £16, a converter would have cost more.
Yeah I’m not really familiar on how all the works, I just know over here in the US if you plug a 110 into a 240 you’ll let the smoke out
 
Yeah I’m not really familiar on how all the works, I just know over here in the US if you plug a 110 into a 240 you’ll let the smoke out

US 240 (2 hots, neutral, ground) is different then 230 (hot, neutral, ground) in Europe. Their 230 is more similar to our 120 just a higher voltages.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new