Sicce Whale 500 leaking

NoobandknowIT

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
SLC
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a new saltwater tank and have installed a brand new Sicce Whale 500 canister filter. The problem is that even after following all instructions including:

- no kinks in supply or return hose
- no blockage to supply inlet in tank
- clean canister parts including all seals
- correct clamping of all 4 locks on top

I have a persistent leak between the lid and body of canister. It started as a local leak at one of the locks but has taken over the whole top seal. I have removed, cleaned, and double checked the seals to be clean and in new condition.

It is not usable at this point. The failure mode is unclear.

What do you recommend to fix this?
 
I am setting up a new saltwater tank and have installed a brand new Sicce Whale 500 canister filter. The problem is that even after following all instructions including:

- no kinks in supply or return hose
- no blockage to supply inlet in tank
- clean canister parts including all seals
- correct clamping of all 4 locks on top

I have a persistent leak between the lid and body of canister. It started as a local leak at one of the locks but has taken over the whole top seal. I have removed, cleaned, and double checked the seals to be clean and in new condition.

It is not usable at this point. The failure mode is unclear.

What do you recommend to fix this?

SICCE is a great brand and they stand behind their products - did you check with them?
https://www.sicce.com/en/contact/form-contactus.html
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new