sicce XStream SDC custom programming

dnb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two sicce XStream pumps that for some reason refuse to save custom programs, the power icon flashes in the app for 10 seconds or so then reverts back to a program that is annoyingly loud and not what I'm wanting... anyone have this problem that they've figured out?

sicce.png

bluecheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you've figured this out yet, but I can confirm; the Sicce Contrall app is a huge turd when it come to scheduling. What I've discovered is that it helps to start planning your schedule at 12am, and then work forwards from there.

I've also discovered that the schedule doesn't allow more than ten different programs on the schedule. I tried to set up a schedule where both powerheads turn to constant mode once an hour for five minutes. The app rejected it. So as a test, I added one program then saved, added a second program then saved, added a third, and so on. I continued to do that until the app just flat out rejected the schedule. 10 different programs was the highest I could go. Why only 10? I have no idea. One would think that in today's world, an app based pump that costs $230 would be a little more robust.

I just contacted Sicce through their website to see if they can shed some light on this. I'll report back if they reply.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dnb

dnb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for that info, I also found that no pumps can be in slave mode for custom scheduling

Seascapes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question, what is the max speed you are running on your return pump. I had mine on 100. And it was really loud. I had some say they turned it down 50% on a 150 gallon. I think I'm running it too high

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back