Sick clown? please help

Jessynjerre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All
not sure i am putting this in the correct place but here goes. One of my clowns seems to have devloped a white mark on its lower lip. I noticed it a few hours ago. It was not there yesterday. She seems to be staying near the back and swinning facedown on the back of the tank. No other fish seem to be showing any simmilar behavior. She is eating and comming out to chase food. The tank is a 29 biocube water is testing good. The last waterchange was saterday about 4 gallons were changed. This clown tank mates are 2 cardnals 2 gobies another bit smaller clown which we got as a pair one pistol shrimp few pepperment shrimp and multiple crabs and snails. here is some vids and pics of her
cdce1f749280f0c880866c997255584b_zps7fe7e85b.jpg
[video]http://s1292.beta.photobucket.com/user/Jessijaxx/media/24b18f4b432cbe79e391753941b81aac_zpsd6c63a1f.mp4.h tml[/video]

any help would be appreciated let me know if y'all need better pics and i will try
thanks
Jess

Rick C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a nem in the tank or some type of lps that could be stinging the fish? Watch the fish, if the dots spread, it's probably ich.
I know it's a long shot but Is there any stray voltage by chance?
Some other info would be helpful. How old is the tank, when was the fish introduced, have there been any new additions, do you qt?
Sorry to bombard you with questions, just trying to figure it out.
Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing you can do as far as treatment without taking fish out and putting it in a hospital tank where you can medicate. Cleaner shrimp will sometimes clean the ich off the fish,worth a try.Sometimes if the fish is strong it will go away on its own. But the bad news is if it is ich it could effect all your fish.

OP
OP
J

Jessynjerre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a nem in the tank or some type of lps that could be stinging the fish? Watch the fish, if the dots spread, it's probably ich.
I know it's a long shot but Is there any stray voltage by chance?
Some other info would be helpful. How old is the tank, when was the fish introduced, have there been any new additions, do you qt?
Sorry to bombard you with questions, just trying to figure it out.
Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

we only have live rock so far
we have one of those things that plugs into the wall for the voltage
the tank is about one month one week old
fish has been in tank for week and a half
and the gobies are new few days in tank
and we did not qt
thanks

OP
OP
J

Jessynjerre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is nothing you can do as far as treatment without taking fish out and putting it in a hospital tank where you can medicate. Cleaner shrimp will sometimes clean the ich off the fish,worth a try.Sometimes if the fish is strong it will go away on its own. But the bad news is if it is ich it could effect all your fish.

what would we need for a hospital tank?

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a small tank with some sort of filter where you can treat with copper or other meds. Since you can't treat a reef tank with these meds you can also put your new fish in there to quaratine before putting into main tank.

OP
OP
J

Jessynjerre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could use a small tank with some sort of filter where you can treat with copper or other meds. Since you can't treat a reef tank with these meds you can also put your new fish in there to quaratine before putting into main tank.

would a 5 gallon tank or bucket work? i have a small tetra wisper hob filter left over from my goldfish upgrade im sure i would need a heater how long would it stay in the hospital tank? and for new additions to the tank how long would i qt a new fish would corals or inverts need qt also?
thanks
jess

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probaly go with a 5 or 10 gallon with heater and basic filter. You can use copper to treat ich. I would say to watch the fish untill all signs of it go away. Alot of people will quarantine there fish for about two weeks. My lfs uses copper in all there fish only tanks and i will usally keep and eye on a fish that i am interested in before buying it. As far as corals you can use a coral dip before putting into main tank. Do not put them in hospital tank with copper.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back